U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:32 AM

7 posts, read 34,266 times

Advertisements

i wanna know where in Nevada is the safest to live? is Henderson a good place? how much is the minimum wage ? we are not professionals but we can probably afford a house ranging from 200,000 to 230,000 if we move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM

15,756 posts, read 21,128,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagetout View Post
i wanna know where in Nevada is the safest to live? is Henderson a good place? how much is the minimum wage ? we are not professionals but we can probably afford a house ranging from 200,000 to 230,000 if we move there.
Henderson is quite good overall. Neighborhoods vary. There are a number of quite safe neighborhoods in Henderson, the NW, the SW, the south and the north of La Vegas that you could afford. There are also such neighborhoods in Reno and nearby cities in northern Nevada.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 AM

7 posts, read 34,266 times
olecapt,
Thanks alot for your reply , i am so exited we are selling our house on May and plan to move to Henderson , i already have a contact real estate agent who will show us around the area .... they say education standard in Nevada sucks! is this true ? well maybe not in private schools but we cant afford to send my daughter to a private school ... but anyway i would like to hear your opinion regarding that...
I was wondering too if it is hard to find a job there wich i dont think.. because i am Asian and when i went there i saw alot of filipinos saying theres lots of jobs there and the taxes are great...

Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM

1,900 posts, read 263,030 times
Quote:
i wanna know where in Nevada is the safest to live?
Gabbs, except during the Tarantula Migrations.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:35 PM

8,820 posts, read 15,361,372 times
Tarantula migrations? I really would like to see that some time. I like spiders. Especially big furry ones.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:41 PM

15,378 posts, read 23,317,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Tarantula migrations? I really would like to see that some time. I like spiders. Especially big furry ones.
Saw a couple crossin the road on the way to SilverPeak once....about the size of a large dinner plate....yuo could see em from a half mile away....biggggg suckers.....

Have never seen the migration but have heard about it......picture trying to drive thru it....and stalling out in the middle of 1/4 mile of po'd tarantulas.....

Old 11-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Saw a couple crossin the road on the way to SilverPeak once....about the size of a large dinner plate....yuo could see em from a half mile away....biggggg suckers.....

Have never seen the migration but have heard about it......picture trying to drive thru it....and stalling out in the middle of 1/4 mile of po'd tarantulas.....
I think someone afraid of spiders would have a heart attack in that situation. Luckily for me, i would be ok. Take alot of pictures, pet some spiders.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I think someone afraid of spiders would have a heart attack in that situation. Luckily for me, i would be ok. Take alot of pictures, pet some spiders.
No fear of tarantulas other then the thought that they MIGHT get my license # and track me down

Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
No fear of tarantulas other then the thought that they MIGHT get my license # and track me down
Nah....a few dozen would just jump up under your car and surprise you at home later.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Nah....a few dozen would just jump up under your car and surprise you at home later.
You have an EVIL mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada