U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:27 PM

17,266 posts, read 21,111,708 times

Advertisements

It seems like it's all but a given, according to the papers, Sandoval will be re-elected next year with little or no competition.

That's because the Nevada economy is doing so well, even though we still have the highest unemployment rate in the country. Of course, Sandoval will say: But! But! The unemployment rate is improving. As if anyone takes official unemployment rates seriously anymore!!!

He was all smiles recently, when Nevada's business climate was rated #1 in the country! Well, what's new, Brian!!! We've have had the best business climate for decades now, and where are the jobs!!!!

The speculation is, he'll win his 2nd term, and midway through, he'll run for Senator Reid's Senate seat! Which wouldn't surprise me!!!

What do you think? A little spooked he hasn't already garnered some serious contenders? Me? I find it downright spooky!!! But then, living in this state will always be rather spooky to me!!!

Last edited by tijlover; 11-10-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM

1,789 posts, read 1,792,436 times
Sounds like you're a bit disappointed with his popularity!!!

He will easily win re-election as we Nevadans know he is doing everything possible to improve life here in Nevada IN SPITE OF OBAMA and his efforts to destroy the country.

Our one hope is that more Republicans will be elected to the state legislature to help the governor fight Dingy Harry and his minions.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:44 AM

And what improvements are we talking about that would entitle him to 4 more years as Governor?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM

I have to think about that tijlover. It can't get worse and perhaps he can continue to overcome Obumbler's efforts to destroy Nevada tourism.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:54 AM

4,575 posts, read 9,593,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
I have to think about that tijlover. It can't get worse and perhaps he can continue to overcome Obumbler's efforts to destroy Nevada tourism.
Can you site examples of what improvements the Governor has made, and what did President Obama do to destroy tourism in Nevada? Otherwise, your posts just seem to lose credibility.
Honestly, I'd like to see Sandoval win to maintain a balance of power, so that one party doesn't have absolute control over the other. This balance typically assures a compromise of both ideals which is better. As opposed to extremists one sided political sheeple ideals.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:26 PM

There are 3,200 results for a search but here are a few:

Las Vegas still fumes over 2-year-old Obama remark - Boston.com
Boston, MA news, breaking news, sports, video | Boston.com › News › Politics‎
Oct 24, 2011 - LAS VEGAS—President Barack Obama has a Sin City problem that ... maintain that Obama has twice disparaged Las Vegas tourism -- this ...
President Obama Again Criticizes Trips to Las Vegas - 8 News NOW
http://www.8newsnow.com/.../presiden...-veg...‎
"Tourism is the number one economic stimulus for Southern Nevada and for many cities and ... President Obama is scheduled to visit Las Vegas this month.
Obama Draws Fire For Las Vegas Comments Ahead Of Visit
Oct 24, 2011 - LAS VEGAS — President Barack Obama has a Sin City problem that ... to remind people that Obama has twice hated on Las Vegas tourism ...
Barack Obama tells Americans 'don't go to Las Vegas' - Telegraph
Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph › News › World News › Barack Obama‎
by Toby Harnden
Feb 3, 2010 - A careless remark by President Barack Obama about Las Vegas has ... dependent on tourism and Las Vegans were already incensed by a ...
White House Schedule - November 22, 2013 | The White House
President Barack Obama · Vice President Joe Biden · First Lady Michelle Obama · Dr. Jill Biden · The Cabinet · White House Staff · Executive Office of the ...
Travel in America: Has Obama wronged Las Vegas? | The Economist
Gulliver | The Economist
Feb 13, 2009 - Oscar Goodman claims that Barack Obama's recent comments about ... of the backbone of its industry, then I'm glad I'm not a Las Vegas tourist.
Obama slams Las Vegas again -- Reid upset again - CSMonitor.com
http://www.csmonitor.com/.../Obama-s...t-again‎
Feb 3, 2010 - For President Obama and the people of Las Vegas it truly was a ... much rather tourists and business travelers spend their money in Las Vegas ...

Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM

401 posts, read 1,335,244 times
Who will the democrats run against him? Rory Reed again? The wicked witch, er, Shelly Berkeley? Nah, she's gonna try for Harry's seat in the event he retires. Diana Taxus, er Titus will keep her House seat. The only one who I think may have a chance would be Steven Horsford. I have to admit he's suprised me. But I think he'd be better off in congress for another term or two.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:13 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,009,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
There are 3,200 results for a search but here are a few:

Las Vegas still fumes over 2-year-old Obama remark - Boston.com
Boston, MA news, breaking news, sports, video | Boston.com › News › Politics‎
Oct 24, 2011 - LAS VEGAS—President Barack Obama has a Sin City problem that ... maintain that Obama has twice disparaged Las Vegas tourism -- this ...
President Obama Again Criticizes Trips to Las Vegas - 8 News NOW
www.8newsnow.com/.../president-obama-again-criticizes-trips-to-las-veg...‎
"Tourism is the number one economic stimulus for Southern Nevada and for many cities and ... President Obama is scheduled to visit Las Vegas this month.
Oct 24, 2011 - LAS VEGAS — President Barack Obama has a Sin City problem that ... to remind people that Obama has twice hated on Las Vegas tourism ...
Barack Obama tells Americans 'don't go to Las Vegas' - Telegraph
Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph › News › World News › Barack Obama‎
by Toby Harnden
Feb 3, 2010 - A careless remark by President Barack Obama about Las Vegas has ... dependent on tourism and Las Vegans were already incensed by a ...
President Barack Obama · Vice President Joe Biden · First Lady Michelle Obama · Dr. Jill Biden · The Cabinet · White House Staff · Executive Office of the ...
Travel in America: Has Obama wronged Las Vegas? | The Economist
Gulliver | The Economist
Feb 13, 2009 - Oscar Goodman claims that Barack Obama's recent comments about ... of the backbone of its industry, then I'm glad I'm not a Las Vegas tourist.
Obama slams Las Vegas again -- Reid upset again - CSMonitor.com
www.csmonitor.com/.../Obama-slams-Las-Vegas-again-Reid-upset-again‎
Feb 3, 2010 - For President Obama and the people of Las Vegas it truly was a ... much rather tourists and business travelers spend their money in Las Vegas ...
What does this have to do with Sandoval's "accomplishments"??

Maybe try being less obsessed with Obama. It's kind of sad.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:52 PM

Governor Sandoval has a good record of keeping the Democrat State Assembly from running wild and is about the most conciliatory but sticking to his beliefs governors we've had in a long time.

He will easily win re-election as there is nobody anywhere with the clout or popularity to beat him.

It has nothing to do with Obozo.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 PM

Increasingly, it looks like Clark County Chairman, Steve Sisolak, may run against Sandoval. Now he could present a challenge to Sandoval, as he's a Democrat in name only, but behaves like a fiscal Republican.

And, to his advantage, he has Christ Christie style about him, shooting from the hip, which many potential voters find refreshing.

I emailed him last month, already, urging him to run!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or