U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2014, 01:32 PM
 
28,139 posts, read 39,748,049 times
Reputation: 36558

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Please I hope it does not pass. My neighbors are stoners and low life, inconsiderate trash. They bring in high traffic in our community and loves to ignore our CC&Rs. Enough with the medical marijuana, I don't want recreational marijuana to pass. As it is now, I have been witnessing marijuana smokers flaunting their disgusting habit while driving on our streets and they are not paying attention to their driving. More people are driving their vehicles now STONED because of this medical marijuana $hit passing. You can smell that d@mn thing a mile away!!
Pot, meth, beer, whatever else they can get, legal or not, they will use . In fact, if Colorado is any indication, their source won't change because the price from a street dealer will be lower than the shops.

Report them to the police. Report them to your HOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2014, 02:59 PM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,112 posts, read 11,219,125 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
If they make it legal and send tax money to education, there would be no more attempts from CCSD to add an extra tax to people because Col gives 2 mill a month to schools there and we would make more because of tourists. We cant get the casinos to give education any and they will not bring the lottery here, also shooting down any and all bills to be voted on so this is the next try. People need to realize this is going to happen and is the BEST way to get education the money needed to get new buildings and teachers to help our kids. I wont do it but studying the health benefits of the oils that come from hemp cant be ignored and who really cares if we make it legal. Alcohol causes more health problems in people and this would and helping Nevada schools has to be one of this states priorities quick. Got asked to sign a petition tonight to send all illegal kids out of CCSD and save the district over 3.7 mill per year for new schools, would all you whiners like that instead? We do not have to educate kids here illegally but we do and it taxes our district considerably....Pot would help
I understand this post 100% and I'm not high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 03:02 PM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,112 posts, read 11,219,125 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Please I hope it does not pass. My neighbors are stoners and low life, inconsiderate trash. They bring in high traffic in our community and loves to ignore our CC&Rs. Enough with the medical marijuana, I don't want recreational marijuana to pass. As it is now, I have been witnessing marijuana smokers flaunting their disgusting habit while driving on our streets and they are not paying attention to their driving. More people are driving their vehicles now STONED because of this medical marijuana $hit passing. You can smell that d@mn thing a mile away!!
But alcohol and cigarettes are ok right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 05:30 PM
 
Location: las vegas
117 posts, read 138,778 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Please I hope it does not pass. My neighbors are stoners and low life, inconsiderate trash. They bring in high traffic in our community and loves to ignore our CC&Rs. Enough with the medical marijuana, I don't want recreational marijuana to pass. As it is now, I have been witnessing marijuana smokers flaunting their disgusting habit while driving on our streets and they are not paying attention to their driving. More people are driving their vehicles now STONED because of this medical marijuana $hit passing. You can smell that d@mn thing a mile away!!
if it's illegal now, and your neighbors are doing it, then how is keeping it illegal going to change this at all?

with that being said, i hope it becomes legal... for the simple fact that it shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2014, 06:19 PM
 
175 posts, read 199,745 times
Reputation: 164
It will pass with the voters. The last time Nevada attempted legalization of marijuana was 2006, which received 44.08% Yes votes. It will be 10 years since the last attempt, and there's been an enormous shift in the attitude toward marijuana by the general public since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 03:52 AM
 
2,614 posts, read 2,694,824 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Pot, meth, beer, whatever else they can get, legal or not, they will use . In fact, if Colorado is any indication, their source won't change because the price from a street dealer will be lower than the shops.

Report them to the police. Report them to your HOA.
I have and it's on record with our HOAs. As far as the police, they need to be there in person witnessing it. Basically useless to call the cops but on a couple of occasion I've called 311 because of their loud partying, I have mentioned their marijuana smoking habit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 03:56 AM
 
2,614 posts, read 2,694,824 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago de pampanga View Post
if it's illegal now, and your neighbors are doing it, then how is keeping it illegal going to change this at all?

with that being said, i hope it becomes legal... for the simple fact that it shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place


If it becomes legal, then pot smoking will be even more out in the open. Disgusting really and dangerous especialy with driving, just like with alcohol. Now because of medical marijuana, the incidence of stoned drivers on our streets increased tremendously. We now have to worry about people being drunk and stoned while driving on our streets. Double whammy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 04:32 AM
 
2,614 posts, read 2,694,824 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
But alcohol and cigarettes are ok right?
Whatever you're smoking and drinking, keep doing it but make no mistake, there will be consequences especially when you're behind the wheel. Just stay away from me, I will sue you for every last penny you've got if you ever hit me while driving on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 06:16 AM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,112 posts, read 11,219,125 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Whatever you're smoking and drinking, keep doing it but make no mistake, there will be consequences especially when you're behind the wheel. Just stay away from me, I will sue you for every last penny you've got if you ever hit me while driving on the streets.
I don't smoke or drink but I get your point. But you can sue or be sued for just about anything these days. I recently read about a jaywalker being sued.

Honestly, you are more likely to get hit by a drunk driver or a driver that is Facebooking, texting and blogging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,202 posts, read 18,209,317 times
Reputation: 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Same as alcohol in that regard. It's legal, but you still can't have it in your system at work.
The tests work completely differently.

A blood alcohol test measures how much of your blood is ethyl alcohol, giving you a percentage (e.g. 0.08). As the alcohol wears off and you get less drunk, that number will go down until it hits zero and you're sober.

A marijuana test looks for chemical components that show up only after the THC has broken down in your system. It's not a blood-THC measurement, like the alcohol test is. Those chemical components can remain in your system for a very long time after you've used it (reports vary from a week to months). So you can be stone-cold sober, having smoked days or more earlier, and still test positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top