U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-12-2015, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
678 posts, read 1,645,257 times
Reputation: 597

Advertisements

The city has put well over twenty pages of regulations on Uber/Lift. Therefore I wouldnt expect the same type of service, price, experience that they provide in the more unrestricted environments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2015, 11:03 AM
 
2,435 posts, read 2,421,262 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
The big picture problem with UBER is their lack of responsibility....for ANYTHING!
Even I who doesn't have a dog in this fight one way or the other find you obnoxious. How did an individual like you get so much reputation? All of your posts on this thread have been one liners that have no supporting facts or even an argument that follows basic logical structure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,475,460 times
Reputation: 4935
^^^ because I make sense to those with a brain.

I don't need many words to communicate except when having to over explain things to people that have trouble understanding anything that isn't completely laid out for them.


UBER has shirked ALL responsibility and accountability for incidents such as driver assaults, accidents and insurance issues. You can look these things up for yourself...you don't need me to hold your hand do you? There's this thing called GOOGLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 12:37 PM
 
10,873 posts, read 9,280,972 times
Reputation: 6557
Why should they be responsible for the drivers' actions. Is basically only a broker. It's not their employer (eventually the CA lawsuit will likely be shot down.)

The drivers are responsible for their own actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ because I make sense to those with a brain.

I don't need many words to communicate except when having to over explain things to people that have trouble understanding anything that isn't completely laid out for them.


UBER has shirked ALL responsibility and accountability for incidents such as driver assaults, accidents and insurance issues. You can look these things up for yourself...you don't need me to hold your hand do you? There's this thing called GOOGLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,475,460 times
Reputation: 4935
Right now the companies vet drivers, do background checks are up on the insurance...UBER, isn't...they have no accountability...a simple search will show you all of the problems they've had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 12:58 PM
 
2,435 posts, read 2,421,262 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ because I make sense to those with a brain.

I don't need many words to communicate except when having to over explain things to people that have trouble understanding anything that isn't completely laid out for them.


UBER has shirked ALL responsibility and accountability for incidents such as driver assaults, accidents and insurance issues. You can look these things up for yourself...you don't need me to hold your hand do you? There's this thing called GOOGLE.
So I don't have a brain because I expect people to provide the evidence to their argument? You do not provide one link then demand others to do the research for you. I can imagine you were never in a debate in a classroom setting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 01:12 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Reputation: 5419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
The city has put well over twenty pages of regulations on Uber/Lift. Therefore I wouldnt expect the same type of service, price, experience that they provide in the more unrestricted environments.
It is the County not the city and the Legislative Counsel Bureau has already come down on that saying they can regulate Uber only to the extent of any outer company. So a simple business license is all they need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 03:01 PM
 
3,574 posts, read 4,164,405 times
Reputation: 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
UBER has shirked ALL responsibility and accountability for incidents such as driver assaults, accidents and insurance issues. You can look these things up for yourself...you don't need me to hold your hand do you? There's this thing called GOOGLE.
ddrhazy is right. You lack logic and support for your argument, which frankly, makes no sense at all because you still don't understand Uber's business model.

Why would Uber take responsibility for what an independent contractor does to a rider? If you buy a home which has faulty plumbing, do you sue the real estate agent or the seller? You would sue the realtor for "not taking responsibility." That's your logic here... same exact situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 03:20 PM
 
2,435 posts, read 2,421,262 times
Reputation: 1562
There are definitely some points that should not be ignored. Regulation of the taxi industry in spirit was done to make sure that customers had some protection. But first we have to ask ourselves, does the regulation actually have that intended effect?

Second, if these cases of Uber drivers striking people or assaulting people are indeed statistically significant do we also see a similar trend in regulated taxi cabs? If taxi cab drivers also assault people and strike people with their vehicles to the same degree then prevalence hasn't changed. The only thing that is different is that taxi cabs have enhanced insurance. If Uber requires all it's drivers to carry conventional insurance, is this insurance adequate or insufficient?

These are the questions that anti-Uber people should be driving and they should be providing their findings to dispute if Uber is a legitimate business model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2015, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,475,460 times
Reputation: 4935
So you guys are too lazy to google stuff for yourselves? Nah, it's that whether or not I do the work for you, you will choose to ignore the facts because they hurt your argument.

I do like your house problem comparison though, however you REALLY missed the mark with it.

A more fitting question would be of an electrician versus some unlicensed uninsured guy wiring up your new home. UBER is the unlicensed uninsured guy you have little recourse with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top