U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 05:37 PM

120 posts, read 146,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I actually had state farm up until Saturday. They do not offer rideshare. Those insurance companies only offer rideshare in other states, not NV. I know because I asked them when I was shopping around when I started driving back in August.
What is your NET pay from ride share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
40 hours is usually 700-800.

Most companies these days don't offer healthcare, and the ones that do, usually offer crap that isn't any good anyway.
I doubt that, $700 - $800 per week net means you work 80-90 hours.

Cab Drivers in Vegas net 27% of the book plus tips, rideshare nets 6% of revenue (no tips for Uber) unless you cheat by accepting cash rides, not paying your taxes or long term expenses. Cash rides mean you have no insurance WHEN you have an accident.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:26 PM
EA

6,100 posts, read 5,159,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie1 View Post

Cab Drivers in Vegas net 27% of the book plus tips, rideshare nets 6% of revenue (no tips for Uber) unless you cheat by accepting cash rides, not paying your taxes or long term expenses. Cash rides mean you have no insurance WHEN you have an accident.

Go back to page 49, first post... I posted screen caps of my payout and the hours required for it. 52 hours and my take home was over 1,000. Rideshare nets 75% if you don't drive enough to get the driving bonuses. I usually get the bonuses unless I am doing side work.

I usually work 2-3 short days (3-4 hours) then I work max hours on Friday and Saturday. Then I'll do another short day on Sunday.

And then there are the cash tips which DO NOT require taking cash rides. I've never taken a cash ride with lyft.

On top of that, we get the same payouts at strip clubs and massage parlors and liquor stores as the cab drivers do.

I don't have to wait in a long line, in a filthy cab, to get a 5 dollar ride from one hotel to another.
I pull up, wait a minute, in my clean and comfortable car, and get a ride. And since my car isn't filthy, and I'm not ripping people off with outrageous fares, I get tipped well. I don't have to fight with my passengers to get them to pay. I don't have to worry about passengers running out without paying.

Cabs are a horrible service. Even cab drivers won't take a cab. I know because I pick up dozens of cab drivers. I hear all the horror stories from passengers that couldn't find the hidden pick up spot at the airport, the one the cab companies conspired with the airport to locate, so they have to take a cab and they always regret it. They get long hauled. They get scared for their life because cab drivers have zero accountability for their actions.

Lyft and Uber are superior services it's only a matter of time before cabs go out of business. I am honestly amazed that cabs are still running right now. If not for all the people that live in nowhere USA, you would be out already.

And in case you forgot, I drove cabs here. I know how bad it is.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:14 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,063,038 times
Quote:

Do you think most of us care one bit about this?

Just paid $11 for an Uber ride that I have taken in a cab a few times. Was a $20 fare plus had to pay that obnoxious $3 fee for a credit card. Why would anyone care about your livelihood if it cost them double to do so?

Old 06-13-2017, 12:47 AM

11,283 posts, read 7,856,808 times
Ride share companies are loosing dollars by the billions. If you look at one of my posts just above a few , you will see a quoted article that states that Uber has a 1% chance of making it the next few years!

Old 06-13-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Go back to page 49, first post... I posted screen caps of my payout and the hours required for it. 52 hours and my take home was over 1,000. Rideshare nets 75% if you don't drive enough to get the driving bonuses. I usually get the bonuses unless I am doing side work.

I usually work 2-3 short days (3-4 hours) then I work max hours on Friday and Saturday. Then I'll do another short day on Sunday.

And then there are the cash tips which DO NOT require taking cash rides. I've never taken a cash ride with lyft.

On top of that, we get the same payouts at strip clubs and massage parlors and liquor stores as the cab drivers do.

I don't have to wait in a long line, in a filthy cab, to get a 5 dollar ride from one hotel to another.
I pull up, wait a minute, in my clean and comfortable car, and get a ride. And since my car isn't filthy, and I'm not ripping people off with outrageous fares, I get tipped well. I don't have to fight with my passengers to get them to pay. I don't have to worry about passengers running out without paying.

Cabs are a horrible service. Even cab drivers won't take a cab. I know because I pick up dozens of cab drivers. I hear all the horror stories from passengers that couldn't find the hidden pick up spot at the airport, the one the cab companies conspired with the airport to locate, so they have to take a cab and they always regret it. They get long hauled. They get scared for their life because cab drivers have zero accountability for their actions.

Lyft and Uber are superior services it's only a matter of time before cabs go out of business. I am honestly amazed that cabs are still running right now. If not for all the people that live in nowhere USA, you would be out already.

And in case you forgot, I drove cabs here. I know how bad it is.
-Let's do the weekly math:

Car Payment $150.00

Ins. $100.00

Fuel $100.00

Taxes $195.50

Healthcare Ins. $150.00

Vehicle replacement fund $100.00

Breakdown fund $50.00

Your NET (take home) is $304.50 or $7.61/hr based on a 40 hour work week.

-Do you pay taxes on your tips? Vegas Cab Drivers pay a 23% tip tax to Uncle Sam

-In cash payment I meant customers without an app. pay the ride share driver a cash payment for the ride....OFF APP.

-If one has to wait in a long cab line, take it up with the hotel.

-I don't drive a dirty cab. My cab is a 2017 Genesis.

-Cab Drivers take rideshare because we can't afford cabs anymore. Rideshare has taken 10,000 Cab Drivers Statewide and 54,000 of their own drivers and reduced them to at or below minimum wage folks.

-Cabs don't 'surge price' such as convention center to the Encore (across the street) $70.00. EDC to the strip, $400.00.

-Cabs didn't surge price after the two recent terrorist attacks in the UK, Uber did.

Uber criticized for surge pricing after London terror attack - Jun. 4, 2017

Rideshare in Vegas is waiting for Cab Companies to start leasing. On a recent trip to San Francisco I wanted to try Uber, all three times a cab showed up. Good luck!

Old 06-13-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Ride share companies are loosing dollars by the billions. If you look at one of my posts just above a few , you will see a quoted article that states that Uber has a 1% chance of making it the next few years!
Uber is loosing money because of the increased cost of their information technology side, which is their real business.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Do you think most of us care one bit about this?

Just paid $11 for an Uber ride that I have taken in a cab a few times. Was a $20 fare plus had to pay that obnoxious $3 fee for a credit card. Why would anyone care about your livelihood if it cost them double to do so?
How much did you pay in fees on the Uber ride. Booking fee, etc.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:02 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,087,007 times
Quote:
How much did you pay in fees on the Uber ride. Booking fee, etc.
Why would it matter what the breakdown of the fee is? The customer paid $11 and that is all that matters. As a customer I don't care if $5 goes to the driver and $6 goes to UBER. I do care that $11 came out of my pocket instead of the $23 that would have gone to a taxi.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Why would it matter what the breakdown of the fee is? The customer paid $11 and that is all that matters. As a customer I don't care if $5 goes to the driver and $6 goes to UBER. I do care that $11 came out of my pocket instead of the $23 that would have gone to a taxi.
It's $11 PLUS fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or