Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 10:12 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Legislature Passes Uber Rules in Final Hour

Senate Bill 554 would make drivers prove they have obtained a $200 state business license within three months of joining a transportation network company.

It also would require those companies to review drivers’ driving records annually, and do new criminal background checks every three years.

Nevada Senate Bill 554
i am fine with this... i had mine the first day i started driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:13 PM

Just announced, tipping will be in the Uber app before the end of July in all cities!!

Old 06-21-2017, 12:07 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,114,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
no the app "turns off" when you cross the state line... however, you can have a ride from vegas to los angeles, you just won't have any rides on the way back

I can pick people up in LA and people from LA can pick up here. I saw a few cali plates this weekend doing lyft. I want to go to the beach in the next few weeks. While I am there I cam going to drive a couple hours to see how it goes.

I despise the uber driver app. It angers me greatly.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,399 times
I don't know if this is old news because I thought i read it earlier, but here it is. Uber ceo resigns:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-times-reports

Old 06-21-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I can pick people up in LA and people from LA can pick up here. I saw a few cali plates this weekend doing lyft. I want to go to the beach in the next few weeks. While I am there I cam going to drive a couple hours to see how it goes.

I despise the uber driver app. It angers me greatly.
I've never tried but all the uber Facebook forums say otherwise.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:38 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,673 times
Quote:
no the app "turns off" when you cross the state line... however, you can have a ride from vegas to los angeles, you just won't have any rides on the way back
Interesting. I guess that is due to different jurisdictional business licensing requirements etc. Thanks for the info. I suppose it would suck to get popped for operating without the proper permits and licensing.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:40 PM
EA

Quote:
I've never tried but all the uber Facebook forums say otherwise.

I was able to run the app in LA. I didn't try to pick anyone up because I wasn't in my car. I'll test it out in a couple weeks and let you know.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:18 PM

901 posts, read 1,898,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I was able to run the app in LA. I didn't try to pick anyone up because I wasn't in my car. I'll test it out in a couple weeks and let you know.
Just be aware that you may be opening up a whole new can of worms. CA is broke and will want their share of your earnings. If Uber/Lyft reports earnings in CA to the IRS, the CA Franchise Tax Board will know about it too. Being a NV resident, you can expect some extra scrutiny, even if what they collect in the end is minimal. It's just how they are. I'm not saying don't do it, just do your homework before accepting that first ride. Something to think about....

Old 06-21-2017, 04:29 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
Just be aware that you may be opening up a whole new can of worms. CA is broke and will want their share of your earnings. If Uber/Lyft reports earnings in CA to the IRS, the CA Franchise Tax Board will know about it too. Being a NV resident, you can expect some extra scrutiny, even if what they collect in the end is minimal. It's just how they are. I'm not saying don't do it, just do your homework before accepting that first ride. Something to think about....

I'm considering moving there, so I might end up paying the taxes and fees there anyway.
The construction world in Vegas is no bueno. Only friends and in laws working right now. If you're not in the inner circle you don't work until there's plenty of work.
La is booming right now, so I am guaranteed a job over there. But since it is so expensive I will definitely have to supplement my income with uber/lyft if I want anywhere near the quality of life I currently have.
I also might rent a room and work over there on the week days and come home on the weekends. Not sure. But either way, I need to know.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:28 PM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times
EA,

Have you ever thought about/tried dealer school? Construction is always hit or miss, boom or bust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada