Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 5,041 times

Advertisements

Hello

I think, my question is not an allday affair. We (my wife and i) are retired by good health and we like to life comming
years in the USA. We prefere Nevada (Pahrump, Mesquite or Laughlin or ?), it is one state we know a little bit better
then the other states in the west, we where for holidays in the USA since 1989 each year a few weeks.

My question: We are retired, have some savings and we will receive from our old age and survivor's
insurance and from a pension fund aprox. 5000$ monthly. Can we life with this money a month ?

We need a home or logement (furnished, incl. air-conditoning, heating and AC), we will buy a car and so
we would have to pay the gasoline and maybe some taxes. About taxes - how much we have to pay for
State Taxes and so on. . . .

How much we need for food (incl. a big steack), for dining outhome once a week and all surrounding
expense (health insurance etc.).

The other big problem is - we won't get a green card - so we have to get a visa from your legation in
Switzerland for each year and we have to leave your country for a month each year, or we try to live
in the USA illegal, but then we are criminals with no chance to migrate or come here again for vacation.

But we like your country and there must be a possibility to spend our money in your country. We would
awaiting all your answers with exitement and possible a (big) bit of hope.

Sincerly Baotschin and wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 03:45 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,931,139 times
If you come to the states with money to retire, and decide to stay illegally, I don't think anyone is going to care

Old 05-08-2015, 06:56 PM

22 posts, read 45,819 times
Oh yeah come here illegally especially in my home state I hope if you do decide to do it you get deported, get a damn visa like the rest of the expats that come here don't come here illegally and expect to use any of our benefits that we as Americans have paid or entire lives in to. Do it the right way or don't bother coming here at all just sayin

Old 05-08-2015, 07:21 PM

9 posts, read 11,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend98 View Post
Oh yeah come here illegally especially in my home state I hope if you do decide to do it you get deported, get a damn visa like the rest of the expats that come here don't come here illegally and expect to use any of our benefits that we as Americans have paid or entire lives in to. Do it the right way or don't bother coming here at all just sayin
Your reading comprehension skills are a little lacking.

If you are a Nevada resident, your neighbors may be hoping for more intelligent folks to relocate nearby.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 PM

22 posts, read 45,819 times
Oh so coming on here and posting that you are possibly coming in to the country illegal is ok with you then your since of reality is askew. thanks for your kindness is so appreciated your such a great person

Old 05-09-2015, 12:47 AM

Some of you really need to work on reading comprehension. OP asked about coming here and trying to do it legally, me and my sarcastic wit (that not everybody gets) said why bother, especially since they have money to retire on.

OP, we have millions of illegal immigrants with no money trying to make a life here, and no one in the government is doing anything about it, so I doubt anyone will concern themselves with a couple of retirees. Of course if you wish to continue traveling in/out of the country its best to stay legal.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:01 AM

Hello

Thank you for your attention - we know in Switzerland this problem too (about those immigrants from
northern africa, syria, iraq und many other countrys and maybe you have read in the news this daily **** in Lampedusa),
we will have our part of this too. See, Switzerland is a little (very little) country. It is 15'940 sqm great and
one third of our country are montains 'till 4200 meters high. And now read this - we have 7.5 million inhabitants and from those there are maybe 5.5 millions swiss citizens and the others are from nowhere and we pay for them. You can be sure, that my wife and i would be the last ones, who would life illegal in your country. We have just to go one month per year back to Switzerland, where we can life by our friends and then we have a new visa for the next year - all legal.

Your ideas are facts, but wont answer my simple question.

@wpme Thank you -you are the only who get my question, but your answer is just an answer to all
other replies and wont answer my question

My question was: Can we life with 5000$ monthly in Nevada, resp. USA

Please tell me your propositions and your ideas.

For all your answers many thanks in advance

Sincerly

Last edited by Baotschin; 05-09-2015 at 11:21 AM..

Old 05-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Hello

Thank you for your attention - we know in Switzerland this problem too (about those immigrants from
northern africa, syria, iraq und many other countrys and maybe you have read in the news this daily **** in Lampedusa), we will have our part of this too. See, Switzerland is a little (very little) country. It is
15'940 sqm great and one third of our country are montains 'till 4200 meters high. And now read this -
we have 7.5 million inhabitants and from those there are maybe 5.5 millions swiss citizens and the others are from nowhere and we pay for them. You can be sure, that my wife and i would be the last ones, who would life illegal in your country. We have to go just one month per year back to Switzerland, where we can life by our friends and then we have a new visa for the next year - all legal.

Your ideas are facts, but wont answer my simple question.

@wpma Thank you -you are the only who get my question, but your answer is just an answer to all
other replies and wont answer my question

Sincerly

Old 05-09-2015, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 11,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baotschin View Post
Hello

Sincerly
Cost of living indicators are published all over the Internet, which even the Swiss get.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:56 PM

I'd think $5000 per month should get you a fairly comfortable retirement, rent would probably take the biggest bite, unless you purchase a home. Another option would be a nice RV to travel the country in, many retirees choose this lifestyle, I'm hoping to join them in a few years. The USA is huge compared Switzerland, you could spend a decade traveling and not see it all. Most of these retirees go north for the summer and visit state and national parks, during the winter they go south to Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas where the winters are mild. As for RV's, I'm partial to the Wanderlodge, best RV ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada