U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 PM

160 posts, read 126,176 times

Advertisements

I moved here in the Summer of 2006 for work reasons from NYC and thinking that it being so close to Lake Tahoe it be a convenient and nice place to live.

Well, I notice the majority of the kids are all on drugs and most do not have teeth or whats left of them are rotten.

The Carson City Sheriff's office are the most rudest people to deal with and ping pong you around when you are the victim.

All they do allllllll day long is give out traffic tickets but turn an eye on the real crimes drugs and gangs.

I have fought every ticket and won and it goes to show how these lying crooks try to tell people they are speeding when you are not and will not show you prove and most of the systems they claim to be using are out of date or service. What lying sneaks. Well, being a NYer I will fight for my rights till you can prove to me that I was doing something wrong.

The majority of the people living here are obese and are sloppy dressers with little to NO class what so ever.

The only Plus to this town is Trader Joe and Z Bistro restaurant. The rest of this town is a sham.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:12 AM

823 posts, read 3,369,104 times
Fellow New Yorker here. You have my condolences. What you have encountered is why we are taking a trip to Reno and other cities to see them up close and personal. Can't you move to another town?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 AM

159 posts, read 560,040 times
I kind of like Carson. I feel comfortable there, and the people I have met are much more friendly than Reno. However, I do concurr with the police thing, long story, it feels like they are out to make a quota each week.

When the Police called my house asking for donations for the Police fund, I told them to take the $170 bogus fine and use that!

I have witnessed a cop, on a motorcycle driving on the sidewalk and then stopping people at the new traffic lights at south meadows for turning right on a red. I watched him for over an hour, and he busted 15 cars, all the while he was driving his motorcycle up and down the sidewalks.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:41 AM

5,598 posts, read 17,339,499 times
Why can't you turn right on a red? Is that prohibited in Nevada or just locally? ...I do it all the time in NV, I guess I've just been lucky.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Why can't you turn right on a red? Is that prohibited in Nevada or just locally? ...I do it all the time in NV, I guess I've just been lucky.

Its not a problem now, everyone turns right on the red now, this happened just after the lights were put in. There was no "you cant turn right at a red" sign or anything.

What made me gasp was the fact he was riding his motorbike on the sidewalk, and there were people trying to walk on them, all in the name of being able to zoom off after someone who turned right.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 AM

5,598 posts, read 17,339,499 times
Yes, I understand that his riding the bike on the sidewalk is questionable.

What I question is if it's a local ordinance that you can't turn right on a red. I always thought that it was allowable to turn right on a red after coming to a complete stop and yielding.

I'm going to have to do some more research on this.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:11 PM

I always thought so too.

Wanna know whats funny, on my way to Lab Corp I saw the same motorcycle cop with someone pulled over near the traffic lights. It made me laugh because I had just written about it this morning. Not 30 mins later, on my way home, there were two motorcycle cops by the opposite set of traffic lights with two people pulled over.

It makes me nervous to drive in this area now.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:10 PM

6 posts, read 49,070 times
Wow,

When I read your post I thought to myself...I must really be lucky, I have lived in Carson for 20+ years and have not yet gotten a ticket or for that matter been pulled over.

The more I have thought about your feelings about this town, the more I feel that a huge amount of luck has been on my side. I haven't had the displeasure of meeting someone like you that has the monumental task of carrying that huge chip on your shoulder. I'm not posting this to start an argument, I see you as a very sad person that needs to look at life in a much different way.

Life is what you make of it...not where you live.

By the way: I have all of my teeth and so does my family.

Oh and we aren't obese either.

Next time I'm at Trader Joe's I'll keep an eye peeled for a sharp dressed grumpy snob, I'll be sure and smile and wave!

Old 02-09-2008, 06:04 AM

160 posts, read 126,176 times
I am not a grumpy snob. It is a fact that Carson City is always handing out tickets as you see from the above posters I am not the only one complaining. It is also a fact that Carson City has a Major problem with drugs and everywhere you go you see signs Don't Meth with Me an a photo of a person with bad teeth. The last time I saw a man and a woman dress properly is when I went to court to fight my tickets.

Coming from NYC I miss checkout a man dressed nicely in a suit and a woman dress professionally. Thank God I just got the Okay to move to Pittsburgh, PA and not have to deal with this one horse backwards town.

Another thing Prostitution....Sad that you make it legal sad that you think having sex with risking a STD is okay for kids just getting out of high school. You make it look sooooooooo glamorous. working at the Ranches. Yeah............Just what every toothless kid in Carson City aspires to be a worthless hooker.

For someone who is not trying to start a fight you have a lot of nerve telling me I am sad...I have more going for me and when I moved here I was said that alllllllllllllllll the monies this state takes in from Prostitution, gambling and the ridiculous traffic tickets that Carson city is filled with toothless drug addict teens and hookers galore. What a wonderful city you have.

Why not take that money and help these kids they are our future and I doubt you want your Future Governor to be a Meth addict and former prostitute............ who on earth would want their child to work in a brothel? Give me a break.

Last edited by NYSTYLE; 02-09-2008 at 06:13 AM..

Old 02-09-2008, 11:29 PM

1,195 posts, read 4,986,865 times
NYSTYLE, my husband and I spent christmas break in Carson City. apparently I didn't hang out in the same area that you seem to hang out in as we didnt see anything that you mentioned in your message. As far as heading to PA congrats to you, Nevada has a bad rap for being full of un friendly folks and with you headed to PA at least we will be down 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada