U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2016, 12:55 PM
 
792 posts, read 1,102,399 times
Reputation: 1092

Advertisements

Well, the State of Nevada (primarily Southern Region) voters have outdone themselves one more time...voting in favor of a proposition without the ability to comprehend the consequences. As reported in today's RJ, even the licensed FF dealers can't understand what happens next. Would it have seemed reasonable to expect clearly defined rules prior to consideration....

It is a poorly written law, extremely vague on specific details, but anything is better than nothing, right ?

Several questions beg answered...how and who will enforce this new law ? Who determines what a "reasonable" transfer fee will be ?...Theoretically written, will both buyer and seller be required to pay and undergo that background..?

Also, one other slight detail is that the language on the Federal Firearms form has now been clarified to specifically address Marijuana...if you doubted the legality of the situation...read it ! Federal Law seems to override state legislation !

Time and time again, people in this state, vote for propositions, only to later realize it wasn't " what they thought".

No lawful gun owner every wants firearms in the possession of someone not qualified, either ethically or legally, however this is one more case of creating more problems than it solves, but it "feels good".

Research the success of the "safe act" as legislated back in NYS...another apparent epic failure...

Many lawful owners could "technically" become felons over night ...and ignorance of the law is no excuse ...regardless of how "grey" it is !

Great job, folks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2016, 03:00 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,728,934 times
Reputation: 1085
I was looking to move to NV soon, partly to escape the liberalism and anti-2nd amendment bills here in CA. Seems NV is turning into CA. A once conservative state being overrun and destroyed by pathetic illegals. Looks like I'll have to head further west...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2016, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 31,889,095 times
Reputation: 5407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
Well, the State of Nevada (primarily Southern Region) voters have outdone themselves one more time...voting in favor of a proposition without the ability to comprehend the consequences. As reported in today's RJ, even the licensed FF dealers can't understand what happens next. Would it have seemed reasonable to expect clearly defined rules prior to consideration....

It is a poorly written law, extremely vague on specific details, but anything is better than nothing, right ?

Several questions beg answered...how and who will enforce this new law ? Who determines what a "reasonable" transfer fee will be ?...Theoretically written, will both buyer and seller be required to pay and undergo that background..?

Also, one other slight detail is that the language on the Federal Firearms form has now been clarified to specifically address Marijuana...if you doubted the legality of the situation...read it ! Federal Law seems to override state legislation !

Time and time again, people in this state, vote for propositions, only to later realize it wasn't " what they thought".

No lawful gun owner every wants firearms in the possession of someone not qualified, either ethically or legally, however this is one more case of creating more problems than it solves, but it "feels good".

Research the success of the "safe act" as legislated back in NYS...another apparent epic failure...

Many lawful owners could "technically" become felons over night ...and ignorance of the law is no excuse ...regardless of how "grey" it is !

Great job, folks !
Amen. Somebody tell these carpetbaggers that we never approve constitutional changes in Nevada. Too dangerous. E.g.: If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2016, 01:44 PM
RFF
 
Location: Sparks, NV
165 posts, read 198,132 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I was looking to move to NV soon, partly to escape the liberalism and anti-2nd amendment bills here in CA. Seems NV is turning into CA. A once conservative state being overrun and destroyed by pathetic illegals. Looks like I'll have to head further west...

Check out Idaho. Homes are comparable in price and maybe a tad cheaper than in Nevada. I was very disappointed when they passed question 1 here in Nevada. No such laws in Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 02:24 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,162 posts, read 32,145,638 times
Reputation: 19721
Yet a felon can go right into that very same store and buy an AR in parts and be shooting it in an hour. Get ready for more CA style moron-athon laws with zero logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2016, 08:15 PM
 
1,155 posts, read 1,871,698 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yet a felon can go right into that very same store and buy an AR in parts and be shooting it in an hour. Get ready for more CA style moron-athon laws with zero logic.
Not quite true. A person can buy most of the parts for an AR, but the lower receiver has the serial number on it and needs to go through an ffl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 07:32 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,162 posts, read 32,145,638 times
Reputation: 19721
Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
Not quite true. A person can buy most of the parts for an AR, but the lower receiver has the serial number on it and needs to go through an ffl.
Please find me an 80% lower that has a serial number on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 08:11 AM
 
1,155 posts, read 1,871,698 times
Reputation: 1357
Not going to argue with you, believe what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Pahrump, NV
2,204 posts, read 2,978,380 times
Reputation: 1972
interesting article

Nevada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 03:39 PM
 
1,155 posts, read 1,871,698 times
Reputation: 1357
Interesting study. This study says that 50% of suicides use firearms. So, I'm sure that suicides have been reduced in states with universal background checks, but have they been reduced by 50% or have some just found other means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top