Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 05:53 AM

160 posts, read 174,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Clark County has the highest per person illegal immigrant population of the major MSAs in the US. And we do not seem to care. You have jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
And how exactly have I done that???? I'm not on-trial here, but the poster seems to have an issue with the overall Hispanic presence in Nevada. I'm of Latin origin, and even I get tired of being bombarded or crowded out. It is no secret that predominantly Hispanic areas are FULL of people. It is also no secret that in predominantly Hispanic areas, ENTIRE families go into stores "crowding them out" even though only one or two people are shopping. It's annoying. I like going places away from the noise, away from the mariachi blaring from people's cars, away from taqueria, panaderia, paleteria on every single block, away from drivers (clearly not from the U.S.) assuming that like in MX, the bigger car gets the right-of-way. It's all very tiring. Sometimes, folks need a break and have to rejoin America. Soooo, from the frying pan and into the fire? I think not. Just speaking my mind here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post
And how exactly have I done that???? I'm not on-trial here, but the poster seems to have an issue with the overall Hispanic presence in Nevada. I'm of Latin origin, and even I get tired of being bombarded or crowded out. It is no secret that predominantly Hispanic areas are FULL of people. It is also no secret that in predominantly Hispanic areas, ENTIRE families go into stores "crowding them out" even though only one or two people are shopping. It's annoying. I like going places away from the noise, away from the mariachi blaring from people's cars, away from taqueria, panaderia, paleteria on every single block, away from drivers (clearly not from the U.S.) assuming that like in MX, the bigger car gets the right-of-way. It's all very tiring. Sometimes, folks need a break and have to rejoin America. Soooo, from the frying pan and into the fire? I think not. Just speaking my mind here.
Yup. You then will have to deal with the fact this city has a large and pretty successful Hispanic population. And your post is simply pushing a stereotype view. Hispanic have also been effective in gentrifying some neighborhoods as they succeed financially. Yes the lower socioeconomic group will live in large groups often family. So what? Don't live in lower class neighborhoods and it is not a problem.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:23 PM

160 posts, read 174,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Yup. You then will have to deal with the fact this city has a large and pretty successful Hispanic population. And your post is simply pushing a stereotype view. Hispanic have also been effective in gentrifying some neighborhoods as they succeed financially. Yes the lower socioeconomic group will live in large groups often family. So what? Don't live in lower class neighborhoods and it is not a problem.
Obviously you have no clue as to why the family cloistering practice is done... It's cultural-NOT CLASS-RELATED. sheesh

Old 02-03-2018, 10:09 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post
Is it problematic that there are many Hispanics in the state of Nevada??
I don't consider minority majority to be a problem, just an interesting label when white non-hispanic people go to less than 50%.

Many cities are minority majority, but this is only the fifth state after HI, CA, TX, and NM.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:03 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Maryland probably in 2019
Florida probably in 2023
Georgia probably in 2024
New Jersey probably in 2026
New York probably in 2032
Arizona probably in the mid 2030s

Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM

727 posts, read 1,056,504 times
Dean Heller should be afraid. Very afraid.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:30 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
^^^ agree, but most likely not for the same reason you think.

Dean Heller is a friend to no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada