Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 04:10 PM

180 posts, read 310,858 times

Advertisements

The Nevada statue on the issue: "NRS 118A.110  “Normal wear” defined.  “Normal wear” means that deterioration which occurs without negligence, carelessness or abuse of the premises, equipment or chattels by the tenant, a member of the tenant’s household or other person on the premises with the tenant’s consent."

In particular, is a smudge or scratch here and there considered NWAT, or no?

A related question occurred to me: if you have wall blemishes that wouldn't be considered NWAT where the landlord accuses the tenant, to which the tenant denies responsibility, and there are no before pictures or agreements on condition of the premises, who do courts in Nevada tend to side with?

I'm asking here instead of a legal forum b/c it's hard to find discussion/people with specific knowledge of Nevada law and how courts enforce the laws, so I'm hoping a couple people here have more Nevada-specific experience on the subject. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada