U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:16 PM

64 posts, read 360,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBikeNV View Post
Here's hoping you find some perfect place that fits what you need and want... what a bitter and unhappy person you seem to be. If I were that miserable, I think I'd sell off everything, get in the car or hop on a bus, and leave. I wouldn't be sticking around.

We're happy here, I've been in Nevada 20 yrs... some in Vegas, some in Elko, now I'm in Reno, and I don't mind it one bit. Sure life has its ups and downs and unfair times, but for me, another area isn't gonna change that.

Fortunately, during my "tenure of unhappiness" here in spooky Nevada, I invented something which may well bring me considerable funds within a few years. I made the best of my situation, as I ALWAYS try and do.

I'm also a fighter. I don't "give in" to adversity, be it a person or a state. I also listen to the news and read the local newspapers. I have NEVER been in an area that had and HAS such dismal, negative news as what I've heard and seen for Nevada!! You can't possibly miss it. It's even been mentioned on the NATIONAL nightly news. For Christ's sake!!

Why do you suppose "wonderful, sunny Nevada" was chosen as the state for a NUCLEAR WASTE DUMP site? And why do you suppose "wonderful, sunny Nevada" has the dubious and embarrasing "distinction" of being the #1 state in the ENTIRE U.S. for SUICIDES!! Not to mention being in the top 5 for serious crimes.

READ the papers. WATCH the news. Pay attention to the FACTS. Ya don't need a crystal ball to get the REAL picture of Nevada. To ignore is to permit. I met LOTS of dim-wits in Los Angeles who insisted the horrendous smog down there was "dense fog" and harmless, and why was I always complaining about it.

Healthy areas don't fall off trees....you have to go looking for them, these days. We moved here for employment reasons. Some people can live in a poisonous, crime-ridden neighborhood....and call it "home".

Miserable....unhappy? You bet. Maybe it's because I'm in the State of Nevada.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:21 PM

64 posts, read 360,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Now wouldn't that be nice if more people would avoid moving here. You can be our new spokesperson to help keep the riffraff out of Las Vegas. The job doesn't pay well, and you will still have to remember to register your vehicles, but the perks will be you will have some weird sort of satisfaction in bad mouthing a perfectly good place to live to gullible unsuspecting people. It should help lessen the traffic tie-ups on our roads at rush hour.

Gee, I hate to be the one to clue ya in, but Nevada does quite well at creating it's OWN strange, unpleasant and negative news, thank you very much. Just watch the nightly news. And you can be pretty sure that when it hits the NATIONAL news, you've hit "the big time". It doesn't take a crystal ball to see the REAL deal with "the Loser State, Nevada".

The "satisfaction" you mention comes from presenting the unwary, innocent and gullible with the real (and decidedly negative) stuff that goes on in Nevada. The nation's highest foreclosure rates, the nation's #1 state for SUICIDES, as well as ranking in the top 5 for the other most serious crimes.

And let's not forget perhaps the most revealing and humiliating of all....the state chosen as the nations NUCLEAR WASTE DUMP!! Such an honor, eh? An honor most of us can do without. And if you'll take a little time to check out the many other responses, replies and entries in this Nevada related segment of City-Data....you can't help notice that the majority of replies are NEGATIVE!!

People, who for one reason or another, end up here only to discover that it's a spooky, highly dysfunctional and corrupt place that seems to cave in on itself, despite heavy marketing scams. Pretty sobering.

But then again, how many "out there" in America live in heavily polluted, crime-ridden toilet-bowl communities....and call it "home". No accounting for taste. Sadly, the facts speak badly for Nevada. Watch the news. Read the paper. Perhaps all these newscasters and commentators just have "an axe to grind" about Nevada, eh? I doubt it.

Open your eyes. Pay attention. You might actually learn some things about your state that may cause some concern. You won't get paid for it, though. But it'll be time well spent.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 PM

173 posts, read 866,195 times
Geez.. is there a happy molecule in your body at all? I cannot imagine going through life with so much anger and hatred and distaste. No money is worth hanging around for that... it can be made elsewhere. Go and be happy somewhere. Some folks like it here, I don't have a problem with it. I hike in the mountains, I ride on the roads, I snowshoe and snowboard in the winter. I travel quite a bit now. Spent some recent time in Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona recently. They were nice in their own way.

You are such a sad soul... I just shake my head and am so glad I am not you with your feelings and thoughts.. that would just be miserable. Given I've had lousy time, but my location wasn't something I could blame.. it was me and mistakes I'd made, that I blamed at the time. And I corrected them and moved on.

No need to insult me in another post.. just posting my own thoughts.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 33,341,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Guy View Post
Gee, I hate to be the one to clue ya in, but Nevada does quite well at creating it's OWN strange, unpleasant and negative news, thank you very much. Just watch the nightly news. And you can be pretty sure that when it hits the NATIONAL news, you've hit "the big time". It doesn't take a crystal ball to see the REAL deal with "the Loser State, Nevada".

The "satisfaction" you mention comes from presenting the unwary, innocent and gullible with the real (and decidedly negative) stuff that goes on in Nevada. The nation's highest foreclosure rates, the nation's #1 state for SUICIDES, as well as ranking in the top 5 for the other most serious crimes.

And let's not forget perhaps the most revealing and humiliating of all....the state chosen as the nations NUCLEAR WASTE DUMP!! Such an honor, eh? An honor most of us can do without. And if you'll take a little time to check out the many other responses, replies and entries in this Nevada related segment of City-Data....you can't help notice that the majority of replies are NEGATIVE!!

People, who for one reason or another, end up here only to discover that it's a spooky, highly dysfunctional and corrupt place that seems to cave in on itself, despite heavy marketing scams. Pretty sobering.

But then again, how many "out there" in America live in heavily polluted, crime-ridden toilet-bowl communities....and call it "home". No accounting for taste. Sadly, the facts speak badly for Nevada. Watch the news. Read the paper. Perhaps all these newscasters and commentators just have "an axe to grind" about Nevada, eh? I doubt it.

Open your eyes. Pay attention. You might actually learn some things about your state that may cause some concern. You won't get paid for it, though. But it'll be time well spent.
Nevada has had a high suicide rate since founding. It is however NOT the suicide rate leader and has not been for the last years. I know that facts are hard for you....but that is where we are.

It is not the Nuclear Dump either. It has skillfully fought off the other 49. I think the consensus at this point is that it will not happen. Sorry about that.

I would think the sensible thing to do would be to make everybody happpy...Leave....and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:46 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,660,770 times
most states have hefty fines for letting insurance lapse without turning in your tags.west virginia automatically suspends your drivers license for 30 days if you let your insurance lapse for even a day,and sends a trooper out to take the tag off your car[which they charge you for],and makes you pay a fine for letting your insurance lapse,and to get your license reinstated after 30 days you pay another fine,and if the trooper got your tag you have to pay extra to get it back,so all and all nevada doesnt sound so bad.and God help you if you got caught driving the car without insurance.........next time i suggest you either pay the car insurance and hit up a church foodbank to eat or turn the tags in.since its illegal to drive an uninsured car or have tags on an uninsured car i dont see what your big complaint is

Old 07-09-2008, 10:38 AM

206 posts, read 643,065 times
Nature Guy, I have to wonder how much do you get paid for the anti Nevada posts?

There seems to be a whole lot of them lately.. mostly coming from Birkenstock wearing, granola crunching Californians who cant hack Nevada. I suspect there are a few Los Angeles news papers who want to scare away Californians from moving here and are out there paying people to post negative stories about Nevada.

Do us a favor, stay away from Nevada. We need less whiners.

YOU chose to let the insurance slide and did not act to take care of the problems. I could care less what my situation was, I would have gone out and flipped burgers to pay my Insurance bills if need be.

I could care less what ranking my state has for suicide.. I don't plan on killing myself.. so why would it matter to me. As for crime, not all of us live in North las vegas and some of us live far far away from las vegas to begin with.

If you cant handle the freedom that Nevada gives you, and cant manage your bills, I would suggest a more nanny state like California (Filled with gangs and drugs) or New York (Also filled with crime, gangs, and drugs) and leave us happy Nevadans alone.

BTW I am wondering.. how is it a "corrupt practice" to fine someone for breaking the law? Isn't that what driving without valid insurance coverage is?

Seems like you fought the law, and the law won.

I hope and pray daily that people like you find Nevada "Spooky" and move elsewhere.

Next thing you know you will start crying about how everyone carries a gun in Nevada.. lololol

Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM

8,648 posts, read 15,256,729 times
I know the guy was out of work for six months, but what if he had been in an accident that he caused ? He had no insurance, so that means my or your insurance would had to pay our part. Is that fair ? Not really...Maybe he could have just borrowed the money from a family member and saved that $250.00 fine.. I hope everything is going good for him now... He really isn't going to like the $2000.00 fine he would get here if caught driving without insurance.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:02 AM

173 posts, read 866,195 times
He could have worked at a fast food joint and made enough to cover insurance until they got on their feet again. Part time jobs around that can bring in a bit of money, enough for something like that. If I had been in that position, i'd have done that, rather than doing some illegal.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM

15,371 posts, read 34,582,229 times
Or he could have WALKED......

Old 07-12-2008, 12:38 PM

226 posts, read 916,358 times
Yea it is a pretty stupid law... Then again most laws in this state are pretty stupid... maybe if all the rednecks would stop voting and sending all these old white men to the legislature, Nevada would be more progressive instead of regressive... im not sticking around to wait for the change though, the mexicans will take over by then anyway... I guess Nevada is just effed either way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or