Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM

16 posts, read 61,206 times

Advertisements

Hi jwaters... I presume there is a lot of rock and other nasty stuff down there?
I'm looking at one of those 40 acre packages about 10 miles out of Winnemucca and my original plan was to just borrow a friends portable rig, tow it down from Twin Falls and do the job with a couple of friends (and a lot of beer)
However, IF there is indeed a lot of rock and nasties down there, that little red thing he has probably would take six months to go down ten feet.
IF that is the case, and IF I go ahead and buy the property, You will probably hear from me.

Are you in the yellow pages there?
Attached Thumbnails
Cost of septic & well-road.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,519,970 times
Wells will go about 20-30 bucks a foot.

Septic and wells will reflect local economics.

Be careful in those north of Reno Valleys. A lot of water up around Palamino Valley was contaminated from the old rocket engine testing facility there. and a lot of water contains natural contaminates like arsenic etc.

Don't shy away from the valley, just make sure you are getting good water. Your best bet would be to buy an existing home with the stuff already in and functioning.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Hi jwaters... I presume there is a lot of rock and other nasty stuff down there?
I'm looking at one of those 40 acre packages about 10 miles out of Winnemucca and my original plan was to just borrow a friends portable rig, tow it down from Twin Falls and do the job with a couple of friends (and a lot of beer)
However, IF there is indeed a lot of rock and nasties down there, that little red thing he has probably would take six months to go down ten feet.
IF that is the case, and IF I go ahead and buy the property, You will probably hear from me.

Are you in the yellow pages there?
Jerryclick, I think what you are looking at is Poverty Flats, sure it is called something fancy by the realtors, but, it is Poverty Flats. Be careful, make sure your road is usable all year round, that alkalai soil makes for really bad mud. Be even more careful of your neighbors. There are some "characters" out there, some with serious weaponry.

That area is where Claude Dallas was run down, if you do not know who he is, he is worth reading about. You will find that he is a sort of folk hero to some, in Poverty Flats.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:16 PM

16 posts, read 61,206 times
Quote:
...Jerryclick, I think what you are looking at is Poverty Flats, sure it is called something fancy by the realtors, but, it is Poverty Flats. Be careful, make sure your road is usable all year round, that alkalai soil makes for really bad mud. Be even more careful of your neighbors. There are some "characters" out there, some with serious weaponry...
AHA! Good information! My wife is a Native Nevadan and she wants nothing to do with that area. Now I know what she doesn't want to tell me.
BTW, the Realtors are calling it "Paradise Ranchos."

Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 PM

You nailed it. I actually looked at it, it took me about 5 minutes to figureout, that is not where I want to be. What I would like is, 100,000 acres in Paradise Valley.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 10,552 times
Do you do work in Pershing County Nevada? What is the name of your company?

Old 05-30-2014, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 10,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlogger View Post
That's a pretty good racket for a two grand tank! I install them in MT for $5k on the Rez - complete with lateral lines.
mtlogger do you do wok in Nevada? Whats the name of your company?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 10,730 times
Are Lovelock, Stillwater, Unionville, and Perishing Counties safe places to buy land for homesteading? How much is it to drill a well in these areas?

Old 09-25-2015, 10:53 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,931,388 times
In a word, no.........

Old 09-26-2015, 03:38 AM

133 posts, read 221,178 times
All information above is true!! People have been ripped off out there. Some of the land in those areas don't have water rights to drill a well. Then some have disclosures** to drill only a limited feet down- meaning even if you wanted to put a nice 3,000 sqft home on it - your septic would only be approve for cabin size. Of course they still sell all those acres but not much can be put on them. Every now and then you see one with a small shack on it already --- where someone previously bought to just get away to when they were upset with their wife or someone. But not worth it because it ends up back on the market once reality sets in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada