Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 879 times

Advertisements

Hello all .
I have some questions and concerns and would like some advise please!
I am thinking about moving to Las Vegas NV due to my sister lives there, I currently live in Albuquerque NM and like it here, but I have no family here at all and want to move to be closer my only sister.

1. I work has a caregiver and really love what I do, I did let go of my CNA licences and I'm sure i could try and get that again. So my questions is, Is it difficult to get a job in the Non-medical field?

2.How is the housing out there? I have three dogs , me and my 18 yr old lol.

3.What is it like to live out there? Is it really fast pace? Is there smaller towns close by

4. What is this stuff about cards? health cards ? How much are they and why do yu have to have them please ?

5. If your willing to work are jobs hard to come by out there?

6. Any information is very much appreciated

Thank you All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 12:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug1130 View Post
Hello all .
I have some questions and concerns and would like some advise please!
I am thinking about moving to Las Vegas NV due to my sister lives there, I currently live in Albuquerque NM and like it here, but I have no family here at all and want to move to be closer my only sister.

1. I work has a caregiver and really love what I do, I did let go of my CNA licences and I'm sure i could try and get that again. So my questions is, Is it difficult to get a job in the Non-medical field?

2.How is the housing out there? I have three dogs , me and my 18 yr old lol.

3.What is it like to live out there? Is it really fast pace? Is there smaller towns close by

4. What is this stuff about cards? health cards ? How much are they and why do yu have to have them please ?

5. If your willing to work are jobs hard to come by out there?

6. Any information is very much appreciated

Thank you All
You should repost this on the Las Vegas page

I lived in Albq for a couple of years 78-90, and it is a bit different, but not that much. I've been here for most of 52 years. Tried to sell our house and buy one in Bernalillo in 2008 but the housing market ruined that for us. It has since rebounded, and is OK now.

I worked in state employment office and we sent a lot of people to get health cards but it was mostly for food or drink servers. I'm sure you'd need to get one as a caregiver to make sure you aren't spreading any diseases. If you apply for help finding a job at Nevada's JobConnect (State of Nevada Employment Division) they can pay for your health cards once you find a job that requires them. Don't bother until an employer offers you an actual job that requires one. Not sure now if you have to file for unemployment to get help from Employment Security Career Enhancement Program for Jobseekers or not.

Anyway, then get a form from the CEP (JobConnect - yes, it's one word, capitol J, Capitol C) for the employer to sign saying they've offered you a job and when it will begin, and take it back for a voucher to pay for it.

What we refer to as Las Vegas is the whole Las Vegas Valley. Las Vegas is sort of like Albuquerque in that it is more than one city all grown together (LV, NLV, and Henderson, plus the unincorporated townsites under control of the Clark County Commission). But Las Vegas is only a small part of the county. There are not really any small towns towns nearby unless you count Boulder City. Where does your sister live. Do you want to be close to her? (Think Albuq., Rio Rancho, and Bernalillo)

To find a job here it''s best to just come here and start looking. Are you unemployed now? Will you quit a job to come here? If so you will not be eligible for unemployment. If laid off you should have already filed a UI claim in New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada