Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:26 PM

70 posts, read 267,411 times

Advertisements

That makes more sense Bob.
Although the planning commision there seems to be preparing for some kind of population boom of wealthy citizens.

The base homes seem to be averaging around 300k. I found some used trailers for 95k but you still rent the space. The people I talked to do not make enough to buy a new home. So, the working class rents on the south of the highway and the wealthy live on the north side. Nicely devided city. This can't be good future planning. It's saddens me because its so beautiful there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
Default missing editor of mesquite tribune

I lived in Mesquite Nevada near the end of 2003. There happened to be another newspaper in town that was very critical about the way the city was run. He claimed that the town would not give his paper a telephone number as a means to drive him out of business because he was at odds with the city council. Soon his newspaper no longer was published and you never heard from him again. Does anyone know what happened to this publisher of the Mesquite Tribune?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquite mary333 View Post
Does anyone know what happened to this publisher of the Mesquite Tribune?
It was affiliated with the Las Vegas Tribune.

For current media resources Google . . mesquitelocal . . dvtonline

Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 AM

57 posts, read 291,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeer424 View Post
one point however that i think has been missed in all this is the fact that now its a no brainer to choose mesquite over anything near laughlin. the reason?

the new bridge going over the hoover dam bypass scheduled to open in 2008 and expected to cut the time it takes to get from vegas to bullhead city to less than 45 minutes

there are already thousands of homes under construction in BHC and thousands more seeking approval from planning boards making it the number one bedroom community of Las Vegas for years to come

with the focus turning that way and the housing bubble about to burst in las vegas i suspect mesquite will stay under 50k and be a great place to work or retire for the next 5-10 years at least

anyone want to chime in on my thoughts?

i left nevada to pursue a job oppoortunity in rochester ny but i plan to return to nevada in 2008 and i am heading for mesquite
There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to begin. I know its not your fault, I see the same things in real estate ads in Arizona all the time.

You do not cross the Hoover dam to get from Bullhead to Las Vegas, you just cross the local bridge into Laughlin and go up the highway into Las Vegas. To go over the bridge would add about 40+ miles to your trip. The bridge will not effect the Bullhead/LV trip.

They are advertising Golden Valley/Kingman as a bedroom community to LV and over 200,000 homes are already approved. Some people are saying that the trip from Golden Valley will then be 45 minutes after the bypass, I guess it will be if you have an airplane. It will still be over 100 miles, nearly 120 miles from the 30k+ home development in Golden Valley, on a road with a 65 mile per hour limit. The road over the dam now is less than 5 miles of windy road. The bypass will go straight across but will only cut out a couple of miles at best. But at the same time, trucks will now be allowed to travel this route and that will probably slow the traffic down.

We actually chose to move to Kingman in 2004 to retire. By the time we arrived in 2005, housing prices had doubled and tripled in less than a year. We are renting and waiting. We have also visited Mesquite and like it, but housing is out of control there also.

I think prices have got to come down in Nevada and Arizona. Prices went up because of speculators not normal buyers. In Kingman the locals have been priced out and that can never be a good thing.

If you start checking price per square foot, there are a lot of small towns in California that are less expensive than Arizona or Nevada. Kingman says they are so much less than California because they have houses for 200,000. But the houses are very small, 1100-1200 square feet. These same houses were 80,000 to 100,000 two years ago.

I think the next couple of years will see lots of price reductions in all three states.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:03 AM

"Sun City Mesquite" Pulte/Del Webb project information online interview
Saturday, November 25, 3 PM
copy and paste in address bar for article information:
mesquitelocal.com/pages/1121pulte

Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
Default Another View of Mesquite

I think that Scirocco22 has given you a pretty good view of life in Mesquite except that I think the Northside vs Southside comments aren't totally accurate. I live on the South side of I-15 in a very nice community located on the Casablanca Golf Course which is called Sunset Greens. There are 700 homes here, ranging in price from $225,000 for the smaller attached townhouses to around $350,000 for the single family homes. Not all of them have golf course views but the whole development is around 5-6 years old and is very well maintained. There are several small developments going up on the southside that appear to be anything but low-cost housing. I agree that the most expensive homes are and will be on the North side, and of course the Del Webb Mesquite Anthem project will be very well done and will include at least one golf course.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:23 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
You're absolutely right, golfrdude. I re-read what I had written and I made it sound like one side of town was "better" than the other. Or that one side of town was low-income and the other side of town is where all the well-to-do live. I hope you know that it wasn't meant to sound like that but it came out sounding like that *cringes* Please excuse me! I'm going to try to edit that post if I can ...I'm really embarrassed; that was so poorly worded and offensive.

Again, my apologies.

--'rocco

Old 12-06-2006, 08:27 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Well, now I remember that you can't go back and edit posts so I guess I'll just have to be embarrassed for the amount of time that this forum remains online.

--'rocco

Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 AM

Current estimated Mesquite population is 18,012 per this article . .
mesquitelocal.com/pages/1216growth

Old 12-26-2006, 07:41 PM

3 posts, read 12,704 times
I saw your post on Mesquite and agree. I was close to purchasing a home on the 18th hole of Casablanca. It is a nice area regardless of which side of the highway it is on. I probably should have since the values went way up after Sunset Greens was completed. Just wasn't the right time for me.
Paul

Last edited by Yac; 12-27-2006 at 11:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada