Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM

71 posts, read 260,995 times

Advertisements

I am not unemployed just underemployed, and I applied for a job for the DOT of Nevada, was picked as a handful of final candidates, had an interview (flew out there on my own dime). There could not have been many people able to make it to the interview, because I was the first to be interviewed (according to them) and there were only two days left to interview, they had already planned to interviewed people that entire previous week. So I interviewed on the 6th day of 8 days available. Since then I have called them and emailed them, with the front of just thanking them for spending time with me. Its been a month by now, and no word.

Well I have not heard anything back, I thought the interview went very well, they seemed interested, but I have not heard from them. I would think I would hear either way, I have worked in for state governments before, and interviewed with them both got the job and did not get the job, but I always heard something.

Just seems kinda weird to me, and this was the only logical answer I could fathom. Is a hiring freeze the case for Nevada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada