U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:40 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,462,858 times

Advertisements

hiya chinga can i have the seasons video too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 AM

7 posts, read 18,770 times
LOL I do have all my teeth! But I must admit, you didn't leave me feeling very hopeful about the dating pool in Pahrump! LOL That was too funny!

I am not a gambler, albeit I do love Vegas but more for the lights and excitement than the actual gaming.

Luckily my son is a very enthusiastic outdoorsman. We have great communication and he is a very well mannered, intelligent young man that, so far anyway, has managed to dispel the peer pressure of drugs. I think drugs are available anywhere you go, it is more about your ability to say no and mean it.

I on the other hand, am not such an outdoorsy type. I love a beautiful sunrise and sunset, and love a long walk, but have never been much for 4-wheeling and such. My priority is my son and as long as he will have lots of outdoor activities to enjoy, we will be happy!

I genuinely appreciate all of the responses to this post! It gives me a very good impression of Pahrump and the willingness to help a stranger.

Chinga: I enjoyed your videos, but had no idea that it snowed in Pahrump! Is this a common occurrence or once in a blue moon type thing?

Debby

Old 05-14-2010, 11:12 AM

18 posts, read 66,257 times
Don't worry, when you see snow here you'll be excited! Everybody talks about it the next day: "Hey, did you see the snow?" "Oh my, there was so much snow I drew my name with my finger on my car window!" Hahahaha.

It only happens maybe about once or twice a year, and is generally gone within a few hours (24 hours tops). We've been through two winters here so far, and it has never snowed enough to even fully cover the ground. No snowmen here, lol.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 AM

206 posts, read 643,148 times
Yeah the snow is cool.. that video was the morning after a big snow (Well big for out here) about a year ago.. and it snowed enough where I said "Ok got to get my cam out and record this one.. " lol

It never stays long enough (I love snow) but it sure beats having no snow at all.

We do have a decent winter here.. it gets COLD so you will need both summer and winter clothing. I like the cold and am used to it, so for me its not a big deal.. but people coming from warmer climates might not be used to it.

This last year we did get 2 days of good snow.. one AM it was not even expected.. I woke up, looked outside and was like "HUH" haha snow all over the place. All in all its a bit of excitement in town

Don't worry about dating.. I think the best advice that was given so far was "Find organizations that would interest men of intelligence etc." if you follow that rule you should be ok.

Now I must get back to "cleanin my guns, and workin on them 12 dead cars on my property as I have an appointment to pull out my last tooth at the dentist this afternoon" hahahaha JUST kidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada