Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:40 PM

10 posts, read 18,575 times

Advertisements

Over the last week or so my family has decided to try and make a move from Vegas to NH. My husband is from Long Island and has been wanting to live back east for some time now.
I am moving away from Vegas for 2 main reasons. My children need better education. and I want to live in beauty.

I am a real estate transaction coordinator and excel in this line of work. I would prefer to work with a small company or under one agent or 1 team of agents and or property managers.

Before I treck my family out to NH can you all please give me a bottom line honest opinion of landing a job in real estate.
I would be coming with a letter of recommendation and lots of experience from regular sales to REO's and short sales.

I have been reading this forum so much and I love all your responses. Its been helpful and enlightening. I even have it bookmarked in my Blackberry!

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 08:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I suggest sending a PM to a ValC. She is a Realator in Londonderry and may be able to provide an answer to your question.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:59 PM

Thanks Greg

Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
What is a "real estate transaction coordinator"?

Is that someone who assists with real estate closings?

In New England, those transactions are almost exclusively handled by attorney's offices, not separate title offices, like in many states.

You may want to focus on large banks, mortgage companies or law offices for employment.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Gf2020

thank you for that bit of information. Transaction coordinator is the person that handles gathering all paperwork, signatures, inspections, etc.. for all real estate transactions. Not title necessarily, but for the agent himself.
I guess I am considered an assistant.

I was unaware that attorneys handled escrow. This job hunt is going to be interesting to say the least!

LOL
Sarah

Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
You should also include the downtown Boston in your search. The city is only minutes (a lot of minutes) away by commercial bus. Good luck.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM

21 posts, read 86,880 times
here is a question that i think i already know the answer too...

if you live in NH but WORK in MASS, do you have to pay MASS state taxes? im almost certain thats a yes but i could be wrong.
if you do have to pay MASS taxes, when you file your return do you get it all or at least most back since really the only services you use are maybe roads to get to work and thats it? sounds kinda lame if you pay mass taxes and get no benefits from it overall.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM

6 posts, read 12,448 times
For the most part real estate paper work is handled by loan originators, lawyers, and Realtors. If a loan is involved it is usually handled by a loan originator with assistance from the the realtor. Closings are handled by people arranged by the Realtor or the mortgage company and usually involves a lawyer.

On the taxes, if you live in NH and earn money in MA then you pay income taxes to Mass. If you are employed by a Mass company but work outside MA (as a traveling salesman, consultant, or tradesman may) then you pay taxes to Mass only on the money that you make while working in Mass. Of course you are also subject to the rules in whatever state you are working in.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 PM

I guess what I mean when I handle real estate transactions is that I work for an agent who works under a broker such as *****ential or Re/MaX and I take care of his/her paperwork. Obtaining disclosers, signature, getting the file squared away for that agent or group of agents to turn in to the broker to get the agent paid. I work under an agent as his/her assistant.

I would be hesitant to work in Boston only because I am moving out of Nevada to get away from the rush of the city.

Heck I would be happy pushing paper for anyone doing anything. Thanks for all your responses!
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:38 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry View Post

if you live in NH but WORK in MASS, do you have to pay MASS state taxes? im almost certain thats a yes but i could be wrong.
if you do have to pay MASS taxes, when you file your return do you get it all or at least most back since really the only services you use are maybe roads to get to work and thats it? sounds kinda lame if you pay mass taxes and get no benefits from it overall.

Yes, you pay MA income taxes. If you don't like it, find a job in NH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire