Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 AM

531 posts, read 338,009 times

Advertisements

Is a masters required to be a teacher in New Hampshire. Can you teach with just a bachelors. Any information would be very helpful. I realize i spelled teacher wrong in the subject. No worry's i'm planning on being a gym teacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
There are teachers in some communities with only a Bachelor's, however, they must prove they are continuing their education and are working on a Masters.

Teacher jobs are scarce. Rhonda Wesolowski, President of NEA- New Hampshire, says among her union members and those of the American Federation of Teachers, job losses will near 400 statewide THIS year.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM

26 posts, read 118,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Is a masters required to be a teacher in New Hampshire. Can you teach with just a bachelors. Any information would be very helpful. I realize i spelled teacher wrong in the subject. No worry's i'm planning on being a gym teacher.

I can tell you in the district I just left applying with a masters degree will hurt you, not help you. Plain and simple you are more expensive than someone with just a bachelors degree. We actually were hiring a new PE teacher 2 years ago. Two candidates, one with experience and a masters, one with just a bachelors and no experience. Everyone on the hiring committee loved the one with experience, but in the end they hired the cheaper of the two.

I purposefully put off getting my masters until I am settled into the district I want to be in for a long time.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:59 PM

248 posts, read 805,107 times
The 3 districts that offered me a position, all three required that I be highly qualified, either by Praxis in my specialty area or / and have a Master's Degree. I did have both, so I'm not sure... but I do also know that many districts have done away with yearly increases so that they don't have to loose staff members. It has it's plusses and minuses. Best bet... go ahead and apply and feel the job market out.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:24 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post

Becoming a teacehr

Learning to proofread might be an initial suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire