Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:46 PM

409 posts, read 1,748,615 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me any info on Dover? Does it have ahigh crime rate? What is the cost of living like? How are the winters there? Any info would help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2006, 07:59 PM

ARe there any decent links? I am having a hard time finding anything.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:22 PM

853 posts, read 968,612 times
Default Try this for starters

removed

From there you can get a quick glimpse of crime stats, weather, housing costs and so on. Good luck!

Last edited by Yac; 08-13-2006 at 03:24 AM..

Old 08-13-2006, 11:19 AM

853 posts, read 968,612 times
Default I sent you a PM...

for a link regarding Concord. Just plug Dover NH into the same search engine to get basic info on Dover.

I lived in Amherst, NH for 4 years and loved it! Good luck to you!

Old 08-22-2006, 12:00 PM

104 posts, read 467,198 times
Being nearer to the coast, the weather is more moderate than farther inland. That means it won't get quite as hot and muggy and miserable in Summer, and the winters will be a little less severe. You can check out the local paper online to learn more about Dover. It is Foster's Daily Democrat.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 PM

Thanks. I must admit though, I do love long harsh winters. I adore lots of snow. Concord and Hanover...are hose more inland places that have more severe winters?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:35 PM

Yeah, they are further inland. Don't think the winter won't be long and harsh there too, though! They just will have 2 weeks of -20 instead of -25 or 30! The snowfall wouldn't be too different, except that on borderline days they may get rain instead of snow, or heavier, wet snow. It seems we haven't had as much snow in recent years as before. But we still get some doosie storms. If you really crave snow and cold, Hanover is probably the coldest and snowiest of the three. Way up north is too, but not much economy or jobs. The Hanover/Lebanon area is great, and full of culture and stuff to do. It's also very near to Vermont.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM

Could you tell me more about Hanover? Does that fall intot he category of not much economy/jobs?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:46 PM

The Hanover-Lebanon area is an oasis of commerce and culture amidst the beautiful NH-Vermont border along the Connecticut River. The Connecticut River Valley is mainly rich, beautiful farmland surrounded by mountains. You feel like you're in Ireland when the mist rolls down from the surrounding hills. Because of Dartmouth College (one of the most prestigious in the country), this whole area is very upscale and home prices reflect that. But they are still way cheaper than NY and Mass. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is one of the best on the East coast, and employs many people in the area. It's a beautiful area, and the fall color there is gorgeous! If you get a chance to visit, do it in mid-October! Norwich, VT is right accross the river from Hanover, and they even share the same school system. It is a very quaint town, and the home of King Arthur Flour, and their Baking School, which offers many different classes on baking to the public. I love that area! If it weren't for my husband's commute (in the opposite direction) I'd love to live there.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:17 PM

Really? That sounds great! I am actually looking to visit Burlington in October, so Hanover would be a great place to visit as well. Oh! I am excited to go up there. Do you have any idea if the college is hard to get into? If the homes are cheaper than NY and Mass, then maybe there is a chance for me to get one. :S Thank you for sharing that with me! If you think of anything else, please PM me or post it here. I would love to know all I can about Hanover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire