Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2006, 09:15 AM

409 posts, read 1,747,581 times

Advertisements

I posted a thread titled "relocating advice" describing the New England city My husband and I would like to relocate to.

These are our "finalists" of cities that my husband and I have come up with after doing some research and based on the posts and PM's I've received on this forum. You guys have been very helpful in our search for a place to relocate. Is there any city on this list that should NOT be here based on what we are looking for in my original post? if anyone can give me feed back on which of these cities would NOT fit our description, I would be very greatful. Thanks!

Peterborough
Nashua
Portsmouth
Dover
Hampton
Hanover
Concord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2006, 11:40 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,064,838 times
Hey, you might see us there..around Concord..
I'd go to Nashua but we can't afford to rent apartments for $1,000 a month (I can just stay here and do that). I have found the job climate quite cold in NH (no irony intended).

If anyone can tell me (sorry to piggyback on your thread!) where the 'most' jobs are I'd appreciate it. My husband works in manufacturing (shipping and recieiving, material handling, warehouse) and I am a certified teacher.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:42 PM

That would be so funny if we did run into you in Concord. Burlington, VT is definetly on the list to visit along with the New Hampshire cities we end up choosing. There's no need to apoligize at all for join in this thread. If any of us could get some information, that would be great.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 AM

3 posts, read 7,141 times
Check out North Conway, New Hampshire while your at it. I think it might have alot of what you are looking for

Old 08-21-2006, 09:37 AM

I haven't heard of that one. Is that on the seacoast?

Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 PM

104 posts, read 467,020 times
North Conway is in the White Mountains and is a tourist mecca. Lots of little shops and factory outlets. Fun place to visit and a beautiful area, but I would choose one of the surrounding towns, like Conway, Fryeburg Maine, Chatham, Sandwich and Tamworth. If I could live in any town and didn't have to worry about commuting distance, it would be Tamworth. It is an adorable, quaint town, full of artisans, farms, mountain trails and pristine lakes. Fryeburg, Maine, right over the border from Conway is awesome too -right on the Saco River, the best canoeing river around. They also have the best school system. The high school kids get to go to Fryeburg Academy, a prestigious private school that is AWESOME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire