Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 06:12 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,657,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Aptor, yeah you could say it that way. Is there something wrong with paranoid? being so saves my hide more often than not. Today I was splitting some nasty burl wood and i was very paranoid. I tend to like my fingers and toes where they are.

I was running a pro saw too, and for that I wear the right gear, since getting a little cut on any of my saws, means death. i would bleed out bone dry before i could drive or be driven to any hospitals around here.

Because I am paranoid i didn't hit a Moose last Nov 1st at 10pm.

Goofy you bet. You can bank on it. I see no reason to be a simple sheep when I can be a complicated sheep instead. In order to put me in a pigeon hole you need about 10,000 years of pigeon holes.

Since yer a nawthn' NH Boy, you can come see. Mark on yer calandar Muster In the Mountains, for the last weekend in Sept in 2011. Drive to the Mt Washington Auto Rd and ask fer Mac. The event is open to the public for free. There I will be living between 1756 and 1840 sometime, depending on weather, what I feel like on a given day and if I happen to have any beard or not.

You can ask just about anyone there for me and someone will know my lodge. I have been to most of these for the past 30 years. This one is as old as I am almost. It's the 50th' I was just 8 when they had the first one.

There I will have atleast a .45 apc weapon, several flinters, some hawks, some knives maybe fer sale even, and a whole bunch more fuferaw.

If i am in paint you will want some drinking water and a hand full of valium.

I am not responcible if you have bad nightmares for the rest of yer life.

First guy that walks up to me and says Hi goofy, I will feed fir the day too.
Is it OK to wear purple high heels boots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,872,282 times
For the public that's fine. You can wear what ever pleases you. We can't, what we wear should be common to the time of 1750-1840, and if not one should have documentation.

No matter what i portray I am never well dressed, not even in the world of today. probably the best of the best wear i ever wear along that line of thought is for 10,000 years ago, and it ain't a lot. But i would make for a dandy specimen then.

I am not sure but took you fer male. My wife like purple an awefull lot. That could be a over all problem I suppose, but maybe we can trade fer them purple high heels.

And even if yer a guy and just wear then purple heels it will be fine at muster and anyplace else I am in NH to protect you. Even down ta' Jackson guys wear purple heels I bet.

I did attempt to see yer profile but I can't as it is set up. Mine is really me, no matter whether or not you believe it.

Last Nov 1st i was in 10,000 years ago. I already posted that pic here somewhere.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,986,643 times
Quote:
Mac wrote: Mark on yer calandar Muster In the Mountains, for the last weekend in Sept in 2011. Drive to the Mt Washington Auto Rd and ask fer Mac. The event is open to the public for free. There I will be living between 1756 and 1840 sometime, depending on weather, what I feel like on a given day and if I happen to have any beard or not.

You can ask just about anyone there for me and someone will know my lodge. I have been to most of these for the past 30 years. This one is as old as I am almost. It's the 50th' I was just 8 when they had the first one.

There I will have at least a .45 apc weapon, several flinters, some hawks, some knives maybe fer sale even, and a whole bunch more fuferaw.

If i am in paint you will want some drinking water and a hand full of valium.

I am not responcible if you have bad nightmares for the rest of yer life.

First guy that walks up to me and says Hi goofy, I will feed fir the day too.
I'll have to mark that on our calendar for 2013! naw.. paint won't give me the vapors - seen it. so it's a "timeline" event? how many groups? or is it just you living there wearing what you feel like for the weather?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:46 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,872,282 times
LOL It is a ruff time line. No one much before 1750 and no one after 1840. More or less each camp is their own time line, but people dwelling in the camps tend to be french and indian war or American fur trade with very little rev war represented.

There is no telling about the size of the 50 year anniversary camp. It will be larger than what it has been over the past decade i bet, and a std year is around 30 camps.

It isn't just me. It is returning to the auto road base this time, where it was for years of time before. That will tend to draw folks, since in many other locations we were not with in view of a road.

In 2013 i have no idea if it will be at the auto road, or elsewhere, but it will be somewhere in 2013.

As to me I can be a eastern woodsland native, a western plains warrior less a horse, but I have been there at the auto road with a horse riding there from home a couple times.

I might be a Scot'Canadian Farmer Milita fighting for ther French, or an American Fur trappin mountian man. I never know at this one till I have coffee first in the morning.

I won't know who's coming till I get there, but in the past I have seen groupd from CT, Mass, Vt, Maine and NH of course. I expect there will be live fire cannon shooting as a competitive event, as well as Senaca Runs and woods walks, plus cooking contests fire starting contest and other events, based on crafts and skilled arts which can be anything that was made then. from wooden barrels canoes, to hooked rugs. I bet there will be more than one forge up and running, with items for trade and sale, and lots of camps will have out trade blankets.

Items on trade blankets can be anything that was made then. You can find things on these like belts. hawks, knives, some real bear oil, real antique trade beads, as well as repro beads.

One guy who comes brings books related to sell, but since these are a modern item his display is inside his lodge store.

When ever I have a guest of camp I clock over them with a wool blanket coat so they fit in better for any one taking any pics. I offer what ever we have as foods, and have extras for dining wares to use. Most of that is early spoons made in pewter, some wood and a couple coin silver, with wooden trenchers i made. My wife and I tend to eat from just one trencher since they are pretty large.

My lodge is unique at most events, as i made it up from early eastern and western hunting camps. Viewed from either narrow end it looks like a small tee pee, viewed from a long side it looks like a double bell wedge.

I really like it for the adaptabilty it has. I can have a fire anywhere in the center line inside. I can open the canvass one both ends and both long sides any time i want, for all or select which will be open or closed as i please. Most people who come to view it think it is like a museum, as there is our junk hanging everywhere.

This is at one but not at the auto road. i am far left.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:03 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,112,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No I don't believe so. You must have a lethal force offered first.
You have to let him take the first shot, otherwise you're a bloodthirsty cold blooded killer.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,876,055 times
No one so far has mentioned the Ward Bird case - NH.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:40 AM

10,924 posts, read 21,880,630 times
It was discussed ad nauseam in other threads.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...ward-bird.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...ease-jail.html

Old 01-15-2014, 06:44 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,548,039 times
I am very careful to observe the area around me. I try to avoid any places I consider dangerous. If I have to go somewhere I do consider dangerous such as the mill district of Lowell or Lawrence I am armed.

As I said a couple of years ago I agree with Mac's actions and attitude. Fortunately I have, so far, avoided, except for an interesting year doing the berserker dance in 'Nam, any violence. I hope that continues. I wish all of you a peaceful and prosperous year.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:54 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,112,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Fortunately I have, so far, avoided, except for an interesting year doing the berserker dance in 'Nam, any violence. I hope that continues.
Welcome home.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 AM

48 posts, read 79,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am very careful to observe the area around me. I try to avoid any places I consider dangerous. If I have to go somewhere I do consider dangerous such as the mill district of Lowell or Lawrence I am armed.
I'm not sure this applies in NH, but in Texas in the CCW course they advise against selectively carrying like that because it can be used against you in court if you end up shooting someone (you went out looking for trouble vs. carrying just being part of your normal routine).

Of course, probably carrying a gun in Mass is illegal so I guess if you ended up shooting someone there you'd be in trouble anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire