U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM

909 posts, read 1,977,018 times

Advertisements

It just feels odd to me that Spader's sentence in effect, isn't much different from the two other guys who didn't do the physical attack and already did the plea bargain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM

1,942 posts, read 2,036,432 times
Let's hope the NHGOP, which has veto power over the governor, will expand the death penalty to include situations like murder during a home invasion. I don't like giving the state the power of life & death, but some crimes cry out for justice.....the Cates case being one IMO.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:04 PM

159 posts, read 247,894 times
The three that plea bargained have a chance to get out of prison at some point in their lives if they live long enough, Spader on the other hand will never be free again.

In court he may have put on a brave face but hopefully he will realize at some point the things we all take for granted which he will never again enjoy. Going to the beach with friends, a date with a woman, going to a restaurant, the mall, driving a car or visiting Disney World.

Every day for the remainder of his sorry life he will see the same cell, the same bars and worst of all for him every day people will be telling him when he can eat, bathe, sleep or watch tv.

He may have bragged to his friends and put on the brave front but when he got caught he didn't fess up, he lied and tried his best to get off like the coward he was who broke into a womans bedroom in the middle of the night armed with a machete. He did not want to go to prison but will now spend the rest of his life there and he will be just as cowardly.

Not the punishment I would chose for him but every day of his life will be miserable.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:44 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,402,914 times
The life sentence is far from justice. Really it's just a huge unnecessary tax burden to law abiding citizens of our great state. I say draw and quarter him on the State House lawn.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,144,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Let's hope the NHGOP, which has veto power over the governor, will expand the death penalty to include situations like murder during a home invasion. I don't like giving the state the power of life & death, but some crimes cry out for justice.....the Cates case being one IMO.
I think we are going to see that. I hate when Police officers lives are held in higher regard than us peons. If the woman was a LEO the murderer would be on death row, which is where he should be.

We are going to spend over 1.5 million dollars keeping this animal locked up for the rest of his life. I'd rather have my money actually contribute to society.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 PM

134 posts, read 172,638 times
how much would it cost to execute him?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,144,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinut74 View Post
how much would it cost to execute him?
I'd do it for free and give the family $1000

Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM

586 posts, read 975,498 times
if there was ever a case made for the death penalty this is it.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:41 PM

395 posts, read 179,211 times
The most unfair thing about this incident is that neither Spader's death nor anything else will ever bring Kim Cates back.

So maybe it would be better for us as a community to do whatever we can to help the Cates family find some peace and happiness rather than going on and on about how we want to see Spader suffer.

We're all understandably angry but we have to let it go eventually.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 PM

586 posts, read 975,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
We're all understandably angry but we have to let it go eventually.
The operative word being "eventually" -- you are responding to a thread that was started and responded to the day of through 2 days after the sentencing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire