Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,653,078 times

Advertisements

I'm a hospital volunteer/dog walker so I have lots of time to post on here how about the rest of you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,334,859 times
I am a self employed contractor, carpenter, handyman. I also mow and maintain the cemeteries in town. I move snow around in the winter and we also have our ever expanding agricultural endeavours. I don't have lots of time to post on here but I spent the morning repairing a wind damaged roof and am no big hurry to get back to the wood pile. It's warm and quiet here now, which is a rarity.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM

263 posts, read 857,035 times
I run a small in-home daycare. I care for 5 different children on a regular basis and an additional few more during vacations, snow days, etc....
This is the time of day when they are all napping and I get a few minutes to myself to mess around on here or on Facebook, etc. haha

Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM

477 posts, read 896,068 times
Hello Aptor. (What does that mean, btw?)

As you might guess by my screen name, I am a consulting forester. I run a branch office for a company that is throughout New England. I manage forestland, predominantly for private landowners, though I do have a couple of municipal clients.

A large portion of my job is preparing and executing timber sales for clients whose goals range from periodic income, wildlife habitat work, viewshed and recreational objectives, etc.

I also help landowners with long term planning, boundary maintenance and sometimes act as expert witness in forest landowner disputes, including timber trespass, etc.

I work outside most of the year and believe it or not, winter is my busiest season.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:11 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,653,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHForester View Post
Hello Aptor. (What does that mean, btw?)

As you might guess by my screen name, I am a consulting forester. I run a branch office for a company that is throughout New England. I manage forestland, predominantly for private landowners, though I do have a couple of municipal clients.

A large portion of my job is preparing and executing timber sales for clients whose goals range from periodic income, wildlife habitat work, viewshed and recreational objectives, etc.

I also help landowners with long term planning, boundary maintenance and sometimes act as expert witness in forest landowner disputes, including timber trespass, etc.

I work outside most of the year and believe it or not, winter is my busiest season.
Aptor Hours is the name of one of my favorite American Saddlebred show horses that was given to my sister and I as a complete surprise by our father. Since my father passed away last year at only 67 Aptor is especially special even though he is now retired and we have a new show horse no horse will ever be as amazing as Aptor Hours was. The sire of Aptor Hours was Peripaptor

Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 PM

477 posts, read 896,068 times
Sweet story. Thanks for telling it.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 PM

88 posts, read 195,421 times
I work at a Boys and Girls Club in NH and am in graduate school studying to be a teacher. So, clearly, I will be wealthy beyond belief

Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,983,128 times
I'm currently a massage therapist, but will retire from that when I move north. I am also a seamstress primarily making "speedos" for bodybuilders.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,046,742 times
I work in the electronics technology development field and am an engineer/economist/statistician. I was going to make a speedo joke here, but will refrain.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:04 AM

3,712 posts, read 10,983,128 times
<G> BF, I hear lots of them anyway. Yeah, it's a niche market, but even in this economy the guys will still buy 2 'posing suits' at $30 each and the women will still buy their bikinis covered in rhinestones at $youdon'twantoknow (but they don't buy them as often). It helps cover my office bills since the massage is closing down. And when I move up, there's a market up there too! I've found a few shows within 1.5 hours of Greenville I can go to - one at Pinkerton, 1 in Durham, gawdhelpthem 1 in March in Brattleboro, and a few in Mass. There used to be a promoter in Manchester, but he seems to be switching to dirt bikes and power lifting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire