Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:14 AM

885 posts, read 2,656,183 times

Advertisements

The vocal minority has spoken.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:04 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,444,569 times
Gay marriage has never repulsed me to the current point of disgust until I moved to NH. And I say that after growing up outside of NYC and living in LA Cty for 10 yrs. I have gay friends and relatives and that has always been normal in my perspective.

So what changed?

Well, there is a huge difference between simply respecting each other's personal choice, which I consider the traditional and most peaceful and respectful way we have lived, and being forced to accept an agenda financially, legally and spiritually. I see forced agendas as radical because even one like same sex marriage does not allow for freedom of choice for many. It is far more detailed and less black and white than most people see.

If you would hate to move to a place where you end up marching in the streets, that is pretty much what I have done. The difference is that my efforts have protested GLSEN (etc.) curriculum in the public schools I am forced to fund - one specific example: required gender neutrality assignment for 12 yr olds, actually asking them in English class to reevaluate traditional norms after guided children's group discussions of exceptions to norms *and to reconsider their own gender, submitting in writing whether it is 'true' to them.

As most of us complain about our economy and enormous debt, we fail to connect the dots between radical agendas that are connected. Of course I want the gov't. to stay out of my bedroom. I simply think gov't. sponsored social issues need to be removed from the classroom, too. It is abusive and sick to impose social agendas on children, and sadly, it is merely one of the distractions from academics.

Aside from the obvious, that this is an inappropriate liberty taken with captive schoolchildren by people who are supposed to be trusted with children, there are NO notifications of such lessons/assignments which for the most part occur in school and do not even come home. And there is NO legal choice for me when it is tax time. I am forced, by law, to fund this, as 72% of my property taxes fund schools. Regardless of where I choose to educate my children, I am still forced to fund this.

I will not speak for all of us here, but I do NOT like UN agendas (which all go hand in hand) forced down my family's throat and was shocked that NH taxpayers who claim to be so independent are complacently funding their own children being trained in these agendas, specifically gender neutrality. State mandated anti-bullying curriculum in any kind of educational setting (even private, even athletics!) is more of the same. Boys are emasculated, natural thought and behavior altered, and most people simply comply.

With the gay agenda being forced here and my kids being required to reevaluate, I have reevaluated too.
What I have concluded is that the same-sex marriage issue polarizes society instead of being as cohesive as its goal claims to be. This kind of society is not for me. I prefer the traditional society in which those whose foundation is absolute truth do not find themselves defending everything public. The kind where thought, respect, behavior is natural and not obligatory and inflammatory. I will never jump on the same-sex marriage bandwagon. It is a ride to PC land.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 AM

202 posts, read 503,800 times
This appears to be degenerating into a thread about gay marriage. Rather than bother with that, just go here to see a flow chart with arguments from both sides:

http://www.indecisionforever.com/fil...exmarriage.jpg

Old 12-11-2010, 10:10 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,957,521 times
Default Degeneration in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmartian View Post
This appears to be degenerating into a thread about gay marriage. Rather than bother with that, just go here
Using the word degenerating to describe two posts which do not agree with your point of view is typical of the disproportionately run main stream media.

In New Hampshire for instance, it is all about appeasing a small vocal minority which completely mirror main stream homosexual television pundits such as Anderson Cooper, Rachel Madhow and producers whom have absolutely no Boundaries regarding social or moral values.

Eventually the truth shall prevail in New Hampshire and all this deviance will be hopefully back in the closet.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,677,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Using the word degenerating to describe two posts which do not agree with your point of view is typical of the disproportionately run main stream media.

In New Hampshire for instance, it is all about appeasing a small vocal minority which completely mirror main stream homosexual television pundits such as Anderson Cooper, Rachel Madhow and producers whom have absolutely no Boundaries regarding social or moral values.

Eventually the truth shall prevail in New Hampshire and all this deviance will be hopefully back in the closet.
I guess I have zero boundries. I am very proud that NH has given marriage rights to all

Old 12-11-2010, 01:12 PM

477 posts, read 897,906 times
I would not have voted for "gay marriage" had I had the opportunity. I think civil unions are fine. I say that not as a conservative but as a libertarian. I think the state SHOULD stay out of marriage. We all know they won't, though.

Having said that, I would not vote to overturn it either. I simply don't care about it. It shouldn't matter.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:28 PM

141 posts, read 281,917 times
Default stand up for what tou believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post

Thank you Mr Comet & Lisa G for standing up for what you believe & not being over run by this Godless Culture!

My family & I after moving to New Hampshire were very outraged with how the state legislature took it upon themselves approving such a mindless act.

I do hope more of us will speak out so it gets repealed very soon

Old 12-11-2010, 04:50 PM

69 posts, read 183,826 times
I didn't intend to spark a gay marriage debate with my question about whether you think NH will repeal gay marriage, but it seems I have. I really wanted to know if our current civil union would still be valid if we moved to NH. If it is fine, if not we won't be moving to NH. (very sad)

BTW-I've lived long enough to know that there are people who will be "repulsed" by me (even though they don't know me) just because my partner is a woman. I don't expect to change anyone's mind and I'm not looking for "acceptance."

I just want to make sure my partner can be included in my company insurance, we have visitation rights if either one of us goes to the hospital, we can make medical decisions for each other if needed, and rights of survivorship. These are just some of the rights we have in a civil union that we need to keep. Honestly I don't see why anyone would care whether me and my partner have these rights, but WE CARE A LOT.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM

26,400 posts, read 46,389,722 times
Inclusivity with regard to the marriage issue is a positive economic signal for NH as well. It couldn't hurt...

Old 12-11-2010, 07:57 PM

477 posts, read 897,906 times
Cate, don't worry about us, here, arguing over the internet. Doesn't amount to a hill of beans. If I were you and seriously considering moving to NH, it would be worth paying for an hours time with NH family law attorney to get some answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire