U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 AM

5 posts, read 4,725 times
Default WMUR Carriage May Be Discontinued On DIRECTV - any info??

I read an article regarding this on the wmur news site a few weeks ago and have not heard anything since. Does anyone have any info whether directv will continue to carry wmur? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,639,951 times
They are still negotiating-nothing new. I am not sure what part of NH you are in but if you are in the Boston market for TV, this includes the Boston ABC as well because this is a conflict between DirecTV and Hearst. If they don't work out a deal, DirecTV will lose those stations as we are ringing in the New Year. It is in the best interest of both parties to work it out as there are bowl games on NYears Day and there will be a lot of unhappy people if they don't make a deal. Hopefully they work it out with time to spare. If I hear anything new, I will post it.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the info. We are in New Hampton. We get channel 5 (I think this is the Boston ABC) and 9 (WMUR), both abc channels. I am guessing no ABC at all if they don't come to an agreement....nice.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:11 PM

19,121 posts, read 10,098,914 times
Dish is no better. With Dish in Tamworth there is no NH news period. The result is I can turn on Maine News and know if their weatherman is right 1 hour before he say what ever he says.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 AM

Default Reached an agreement....

I saw this posted at wmur today:

WMUR-TV is pleased to report a new carriage agreement has been reached with DirecTV, and DirecTV subscribers will continue to be able to receive WMUR-TV with no disruption of service.

:-)

Old 12-31-2010, 12:18 PM

3,855 posts, read 6,639,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola339 View Post
I saw this posted at wmur today:

WMUR-TV is pleased to report a new carriage agreement has been reached with DirecTV, and DirecTV subscribers will continue to be able to receive WMUR-TV with no disruption of service.

:-)
Good News

Old 12-31-2010, 12:30 PM

426 posts, read 363,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola339 View Post
Thanks for the info. We are in New Hampton. We get channel 5 (I think this is the Boston ABC) and 9 (WMUR), both abc channels. I am guessing no ABC at all if they don't come to an agreement....nice.
Welcome neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire