Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
At 100 mph a blowout would have been a disaster. Had he hit a deer, something in the road, likewise. Had someone been crossing the road...disaster. Had a car been stuck somewhere on the bend of a curve, disaster.

The fact that the guy had an emergency didn't not entitle him to put your life or mine to risk (or that of his wife's or baby's). He might have called an ambulance; they have experience with this sort of thing and can actually speed legally. He should've lost his license for at least six months, paid a whopper of a fine, and been made to take a safe driving course.

I'm with you, a wife in labor doesn't give you the right to risk the lives of everbody around you in my humble opinion.....no matter what time of day it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Stay in NY with your should have, could have, would haves...
Right. If he'd nailed someone you knew you'd be screaming for his hide.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Quote:
If "Ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

You can play the "what if" game all you want. He didn't do anything wrong IMO.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:

You got that one right!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I drove today from Tamworth to Manch, and went right by the state police doing 75mph on my clock in a wicked down pour. 75 mph on a NH interstate is S L O W.

Cop didn't blink twice either. In the same place (a known spot) on sunny days everyone and I mean every one is doing no less than 85 MPH.

I can tell you if I was taking someone to a hospital another lousey 15 MPH wouldn't bother me a bit. My car is tight, has good rubber, and I am as safe at 100 as I am at 50.

And in NH deer aren't the problem. Moose are. You hit a moose and it's usually all over, unless you got a 10 wheel Dump or bigger.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I drove today from Tamworth to Manch, and went right by the state police doing 75mph on my clock in a wicked down pour. 75 mph on a NH interstate is S L O W.

Cop didn't blink twice either. In the same place (a known spot) on sunny days everyone and I mean every one is doing no less than 85 MPH.

I can tell you if I was taking someone to a hospital another lousey 15 MPH wouldn't bother me a bit. My car is tight, has good rubber, and I am as safe at 100 as I am at 50.

And in NH deer aren't the problem. Moose are. You hit a moose and it's usually all over, unless you got a 10 wheel Dump or bigger.
Shhh you'll scare the sheep. They need to be told what is safe and what isn't.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

The only ticket I ever got was because I was going 74MPH and I have no desire for another one

Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM

Before fines went into orbit, I used tickets like wall paper. The last one was in the 80's though and I was late for work.

I used to drive race cars and have a little training. Some of that training was fun on the road to confuse cops.

The only ticket I ever got I didn't deserve i took anyway. I turned around and went back, turned around again, and showed that officer what speeding really was He couldn't catch me that 2nd time.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:16 PM

37 posts, read 75,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
If "Ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

You can play the "what if" game all you want. He didn't do anything wrong IMO.
So I got absolutely plastered and drove home drunk, but I didn't hit anything so it was alright. Sure, "if" there was someone in my way it would have been a tragedy, but nothing came of it so I clearly did nothing wrong.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartrand View Post
So I got absolutely plastered and drove home drunk, but I didn't hit anything so it was alright. Sure, "if" there was someone in my way it would have been a tragedy, but nothing came of it so I clearly did nothing wrong.
If you can drive drunk and not hit things, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Once it was legal in NH to have a open beverage in a moving vehical, but if you crashed, and were found o0ver the limit, you paid hard.

I used to have beers during long plowing in winter, but I never got drunk, never got over the limit, and never had any problem.

I guess some people can't tell what moderation is. I can't say I blame them as there are too many like Bill Clinton, who has no idea what moderation IS.

Plenty of people still drink and drive if the empties I see on the road side mean anything.

When the normal speed on the interstate and interestate access is 85 MPH in fair weather, and 75 MPH in poor weather, a lousey 15 MPH over that isn't anything very special.
More so when there is a medical emergency.

I would suppose all the nay sayers just don't happen to drive very well, which seems to be the case these days with texters, and so much auto tranny cages. It's like driving is easy for those who drive the worst.

I'ld say if that guy was going to crash at 100 MPH , he just would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire