U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,223 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I'm hoping to gain some insight on neighborhoods to choose or avoid while looking to buy a home in Nashua. We would like to move here from White Plains NY this year. We have relatives in NH and love the people we've met and the state in general but have only really spent time near Keene and north.
My wife will be staying home with our 2 kids (both under 2yrs) and obviously I don't want to worry about her being safe while rambling about town when I am at work. There is a strong possibility that the only comparable work I will find is in Bedford Massachusetts... would the commute be horrible?
thanks to all,
Will
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 AM

528 posts, read 2,177,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibewill View Post
There is a strong possibility that the only comparable work I will find is in Bedford Massachusetts... would the commute be horrible?
thanks to all,
Will
yes, did it for years .

Old 07-20-2007, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,223 times
I was afraid that would be the case. I would truly prefer to live in NH, but so far it looks like Bedford MA is the furthest north I can go and still support the fam...
thanks for the response.
-Will

Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 AM

792 posts, read 2,860,594 times
I don't fault you for the preference, but it just isn't practical, particularly if you are driving at regular commute times. The biggest problem area is Boston's "west-side beltway" as I call it, the I-95/128 portion outside the city that runs between Woburn & Rt 3 to go to Nashua and to where 95 divides to head towards Foxboro and Providence. That 20 miles or so is an absolute nightmare and it starts early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire