Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2006, 10:59 AM

17 posts, read 42,098 times

Advertisements

There is a warrant article that will be voted on and it wants to revoc the conservation fund. So I would like to state a few facts so that everyone will know about the fund and hopefully it will not pass. The following was written by Smily Duffy. Please vote for him...

The people that promote these issues against conservation, notoriously leave out pertinent information, give inaccurate information, and are just plan uninformed. The money from the current use tax comes as a result of land being brought out of current use (quasi-protection) and into development. People who have their land in current use, have been given a tax break for not developing it. When they decide to develop, the land is taken out of current use, and a fine is imposed. That is where the money for the conservation fund comes from. It is not a general tax we all pay, it is a specific tax that comes from developing land. Thus IT MAKES SENSE to use that tax money to then preserve land. As we were able to do with Eva
Lunnie's 60 acres.

When land is left as open space in a cluster development, that is privately owned by the home owners association. Those of us that don't live in the subdivision have no access to that land. However, if we use current use tax money to buy easements on privately owned parcels than we all can use that land (as long as the provisions of the easement are followed). I think it would be a huge mistake to take away the conservation fund. Please DON'T support doing that that on voting day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2006, 06:37 AM

17 posts, read 42,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
There is a warrant article that will be voted on and it wants to revoc the conservation fund. So I would like to state a few facts so that everyone will know about the fund and hopefully it will not pass. The following was written by Smily Duffy. Please vote for her...

The people that promote these issues against conservation, notoriously leave out pertinent information, give inaccurate information, and are just plan uninformed. The money from the current use tax comes as a result of land being brought out of current use (quasi-protection) and into development. People who have their land in current use, have been given a tax break for not developing it. When they decide to develop, the land is taken out of current use, and a fine is imposed. That is where the money for the conservation fund comes from. It is not a general tax we all pay, it is a specific tax that comes from developing land. Thus IT MAKES SENSE to use that tax money to then preserve land. As we were able to do with Eva
Lunnie's 60 acres.

When land is left as open space in a cluster development, that is privately owned by the home owners association. Those of us that don't live in the subdivision have no access to that land. However, if we use current use tax money to buy easements on privately owned parcels than we all can use that land (as long as the provisions of the easement are followed). I think it would be a huge mistake to take away the conservation fund. Please DON'T support doing that that on voting day.
I would like to thank everyone who voted to keep the Conversation fund. The article did not pass by a 2/3 vote of the town. I hope the Selectmen have now heard us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire