Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 09:52 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times

Advertisements

Downtown Manchester...Nicky D's Elm street.

If you are thinking about pizza and are tempted to waste your hard earned dough ( pun intended ) on something like one of the cookie cutter national chains,, you know the ones.... new improved, best ingredients, yet still taste like the same card board crap... yeah, well let me just say that for about the same price, you can relax a few minutes and enjoy a much better pizza.

Nicky D's is certainly not the best pizza in town, but it is a good value giving satisfactory pizza craving fulfillment.

We went Wednesday afternoon, taking a walk up the hill on a beautiful spring day. There were a good amount of tables available for outside seating if that is your thing, but being next to a bus stop..I probably wouldn't. We sat in the front room which affords a window view for good people watching.

The room is pleasantly yet sparsely decorated. the thing lacking at Nicky D's is ambiance , but looking through the menu and the reasonable prices will remind you that the main reason for being here is bang for the buck.

We sampled the Neapolitan style pizza

a basic 14 inch cheese will run you $ 6.95 , each topping is a buck. We did sausage and meatball, two ginger ales which they freely refreshed, with the tab coming to around $12.25

For the money I got a nice hand tossed pizza that filled us both up with two slices for a snack later. My only real compliant about it was the sauce was a little weak, a bit more seasoning would not hurt, but as usual Parmesan and flaked red pepper were available for taste.

Not a bad investment, especially when I can get shots like this in the bargain

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire