U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-02-2011, 06:50 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,125,368 times
Default Ah..summer on two wheels!

What a nice pleasant ride to nowhere.!

Here I am at around 6:30 am..

Where to go? Where to go? I'm hungry anyway so let's hop on to 114 and try the new place in Goffstown, Sawyers

We had a nice basic breakfast of eggs, ham ( sausage for Linda ) home fries and toast, walked out filled and happy for less then $20...not bad.

We aimed the Mistress north, and popped over to the Henniker covered bridge to check out on a developing trail park they are building, looks like an ambitious project, but a well worth while one.

I liked the look of the two arches in this pic

Linda got a nice reflection shot here

I ham it up for her

We meandered up 114 then on to 10 Where we met some old abandoned friends. These two shacks sit on ten just before it melds into I 89, they continue to astound me by their ever being there..I think I would cry if they were gone.

sitting on the road waving to passing bikes

The crew is out and about

It's nice to live where there are fields big and small to walk in

Linda wanted this door shot, but was having camera issues, so I obliged

We hopped on 89 and got off at exit 17, heading towards the Enfield Shaker community. NH had two good sized Shaker communities the other being in Canturbury. This one is more a museum, while the Canturbury one continues to function as a working community for historical prespective.

Historical marker

Stone Mill

That is Whaleback mountain in the background

The church in the middle is not part of the Shaker community, it was built later by missionaries who purchased the property in the early 20's. The large stone building was aptly named the Great Stone Dwelling

Although not part of the complex the church is still a nice work of art

Seen through Lindas eye

We again meandered, this time down 4-A, stopping at a nature wayside, then taken 11 ( which was new to me ) to meet up with 3-A into Bristol for a quick stop at Profile falls. Linda hates people in her shots ( seeing people laying on rocks like lizards is not her idea of a good scene..HER WORDS ) but hey it's summer in the afternoon in NH!

Well apparently I am the only lizard she wants to see soaking up the sun on a rock!

It was a great day, which we topped off by a delicious albeit a tad skimpy Fishermans platter at Beefside, one of our favorite hole in the walls

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 AM

33,457 posts, read 28,149,874 times
ENVY, ENVY, ENVY!!!!

I am still to weak to safely ride the Kawasaur. Somehow driving around in the Subie just ain't the same.

Your pictures help a lot. Good luck and enjoy the summer.

GregW

Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM

24 posts, read 22,736 times
Wow!!! Thank you! your pics are Awesome! it makes me miss NH all the more, but I will be home soon!
Enjoy the summer there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire