U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,761,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

I dont think I could handle the heat and humidity in the Southern states. I dont care for Heat. That is one of the many reasons for our move to New England. Calif is way too hot, smoggy, over priced, over crowed, etc...
Well it can get hot here BUT I've found it to be much more tolerable than Florida, and I know Cali has kind of similar weather to Florida. Tomorrow here in Keene they say the temp is between 65-70 degrees.. In August no less. I kept my windows open all day today and it was just beautiful and with a slight breeze so the summers are much much much more bearable here. I kinda smile to myself when I hear some people talk about how hot it is and I think back to my 110 degree summers and go hmm its only 92 out, its mild!! LOl but I can understand how it would be hot to them up here. NH is beautiful and don't let a little weather scare ya. Weather can be bad anywhere you go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 10:12 PM

2,111 posts, read 6,223,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Well it can get hot here BUT I've found it to be much more tolerable than Florida, and I know Cali has kind of similar weather to Florida. Tomorrow here in Keene they say the temp is between 65-70 degrees.. In August no less. I kept my windows open all day today and it was just beautiful and with a slight breeze so the summers are much much much more bearable here. I kinda smile to myself when I hear some people talk about how hot it is and I think back to my 110 degree summers and go hmm its only 92 out, its mild!! LOl but I can understand how it would be hot to them up here. NH is beautiful and don't let a little weather scare ya. Weather can be bad anywhere you go!

Haha, yeah that is right, rub it in about the temp for tomorrow. Meanwhile, we are going into yet another heat wave here!! I am most excited about the fall time there. I am looking forward to actually being able to wear a sweater and maybe mittens..Lol. I cant wait for Oct to get here. My family and I are taking the train across country, that should be an adventure in itself.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,761,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Haha, yeah that is right, rub it in about the temp for tomorrow. Meanwhile, we are going into yet another heat wave here!! I am most excited about the fall time there. I am looking forward to actually being able to wear a sweater and maybe mittens..Lol. I cant wait for Oct to get here. My family and I are taking the train across country, that should be an adventure in itself.
Hey I totally hear ya, my husband thought I was nuts cause I got excited when I got to wear a sweater, I wore gloves for the first time ever in my life this Jan ofthis year. I'd never put a pair on, never wore a scarf nothing. I was like a kid in a candy store. Sometimes its just the simple things I suppose. October is beautiful out here, I was out here Oct of last year and was sick just thinking I had to go back to Florida till June. You're going to LOVE it , Keene is just a wonderful town, I honestly can say I've never been happier than living here. Its what you think of when you think New England. Its got everything you need, but nothing more than that which is nice because you don't feel overwhelmed. Its a slower way of life and a happier one. IMO. They're big on organic, shopping local, enviornment etc. I never believed those people who said the grass isn't greener on the otherside because for me that was never true. And to this day it still isn't. The grass IS greener on the other side, and itsn ot up in Flames like florida right now!! Oh and its going to be cooler than they expected now 60-64 degrees.. pull out the sweaters in August.. yesssssssss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or