U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM

3,008 posts, read 5,088,063 times

Advertisements

The new child wellness stats are out based on the following
1. Percentage of low-birthweight babies
2. Infant mortality rate
3. Child death rate
4. Teen death rate
5. Teen birth rate
6. Percent of teens not in school and not high school graduates
7. Percent of teens not attending school or working
8. Percent of children living in homes where no parent has full-time employment
9. Percent of children in poverty
10. Percent of children in single-parent families

the number one state is...

New Hampshire
Followed by

Minnesota
Mass
Vermont
NJ

For full list go here (http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossstates/Rankings.aspx?ind=137 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 10:44 PM

1,771 posts, read 4,165,043 times
Doesn't surprise me. Interesting though NH has a lot less restrictions/laws than MA/NJ/VT, etc...yet is still ranked up there which is good to see. A lot of folks up here put pride in responsibility and taking care of their families- and I think that shows in these stats.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:48 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,751,765 times
Graet news

Old 08-24-2011, 05:50 AM

466 posts, read 677,448 times
That's good news. You still see a lot of very young, unwed mothers and kids who will never have a chance, given their parental situations. How bad must it be in the worst states?!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHForester View Post
That's good news. You still see a lot of very young, unwed mothers and kids who will never have a chance, given their parental situations. How bad must it be in the worst states?!
I can tell u here in Fla pretty bad.. On any given day u go down to the health and welfare depts and its over run with well mostly mexicans and hatians. I mean OVERRUN.. Most of them are in their teens and on their 2nd or 3rd kid. Its all section 8 housing here too and if its not that its million dollar mansions there's nothing inbetween. We just had a girl in the highschool I have to attend some classes have a baby and she's a freshman.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:47 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,992,498 times
Oh Sweet, you beat me to it!

Let's just put it this way: a familily was just found living in their car in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart in my county. They had 3 kids with them, and one had 2nd degree sunburn.

We are just getting started down here too. Things are going downhill all over again.

Hey, Sweet, I heard from someone who lives in Sarasota that things are BAD in her town too (as in weirdo methed-out people everywhere, and coming into her yard.)

Heck, my welcome to the neighborhood here was 2 gang-banger home invasions at 1PM last summer. NICE!

(but on the plus side, we're supposed to get an offer on the house tomorrow! Getting free so we can jump out of this cesspool if we need to!)

Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
Oh Sweet, you beat me to it!

Let's just put it this way: a familily was just found living in their car in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart in my county. They had 3 kids with them, and one had 2nd degree sunburn.

We are just getting started down here too. Things are going downhill all over again.

Hey, Sweet, I heard from someone who lives in Sarasota that things are BAD in her town too (as in weirdo methed-out people everywhere, and coming into her yard.)

Heck, my welcome to the neighborhood here was 2 gang-banger home invasions at 1PM last summer. NICE!

(but on the plus side, we're supposed to get an offer on the house tomorrow! Getting free so we can jump out of this cesspool if we need to!)

3 weeks ago we had a decapitation between bf and gf and he stuck her head on a screwdriver and started to dismember her. That was less than 2 miles from my house (and I live in a pretty nice part so its not the slums). Also we have the Mesac case I know it was all over CNN he hog tied all 5 of his children (ages 11-8 months respectively) and slit all their throats then killed his wife.. Got some real wholesome folks around here. We've had a bank robbery weekly no joke for at least 5 weeks straight. I dunno it just seems like every night its on the locals about another person killed. Oh well school is back in session and two days ago they arrested 4 count em FOUR different people at different locations how to i put this, jerkin their gerhkin to the elementary school kids waiting for the bus...

Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 8,843,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
3 weeks ago we had a decapitation between bf and gf and he stuck her head on a screwdriver and started to dismember her. That was less than 2 miles from my house (and I live in a pretty nice part so its not the slums). Also we have the Mesac case I know it was all over CNN he hog tied all 5 of his children (ages 11-8 months respectively) and slit all their throats then killed his wife.. Got some real wholesome folks around here. We've had a bank robbery weekly no joke for at least 5 weeks straight. I dunno it just seems like every night its on the locals about another person killed. Oh well school is back in session and two days ago they arrested 4 count em FOUR different people at different locations how to i put this, jerkin their gerhkin to the elementary school kids waiting for the bus...
ewww. And this is better than even a Keene winter??? sure, Keene is isolated, but dress for the weather and know that it does eventually end. Better yet: choose some place closer in I still think I'd choose to be snowbound for a few months than living like that!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM

466 posts, read 677,448 times
Some of us even await the winter, while begrudgingly accepting the summer.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
ewww. And this is better than even a Keene winter??? sure, Keene is isolated, but dress for the weather and know that it does eventually end. Better yet: choose some place closer in I still think I'd choose to be snowbound for a few months than living like that!

lol if keene was like an hour and a half east of where it was located i think I could been okay.. I dunno lol hindsight being 20/20 it doesn't seen as bad as I thought it was now..*cough young and stupid cough*.. plus I didn't have a kid back then so this kinda stuff I wouldn't have paid as much attention to or it wouldn't have had as much an impact on me as it does now I suppose. I'm HOPING fingers crossed we're gonna be up in March to re-check some towns look at a few new ones my husband got approved for the time off. I can't remember if I liked too much of dover but I dunno how much we actually looked at in regards to the town. Make sense lol.. Plus I need to revisit the cold , even tho march isn't frigid coming from florida it will be cold for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire