U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 AM
 
Location: ~~In my mind~~
2,119 posts, read 4,638,589 times
Reputation: 1589
Default Farms

Hey all, when my family and I come out there in Oct, we are going to The Adams Family Farm in Willmington, VT to walk through the corn maze, and a hay ride, a bonfire, ghost stories and I think smores. Are there any farms in the Keene area or close by that has something similar to offer?? Thanks, Suzette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2007, 07:35 AM
 
639 posts, read 2,461,666 times
Reputation: 493
YES, these type of farm activities are cropping up all over New England more and more. They start the corn mazes usually in August and end them in around October. The Stonewall Farm located at 242 Chesterfield Rd. in Keene, NH has the corn maze and other things going on. You can give them a call to see what they have 603 357-7278.

I know of a good one, we used to bring my nieces and nephews to this one, it's awesome, they all are, some are more unique than others, this one is great, it's the Beech Hill Farm Corn Maze located at 107 Beech Hill Rd. in Hopkinton, NH. 603 223-0828.

Here's also a good list of farms around New England that you could check out. It's called the Heart of New England (dot com) website where they list a lot of the farms that are doing up the corn mazes:

Corn Cornfield Maze | Maize | Maine | New Hampshire | Vermont

Last edited by CityGirl52; 08-15-2007 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 08:38 AM
 
3,856 posts, read 6,773,620 times
Reputation: 2670
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl52 View Post
YES, these type of farm activities are cropping up all over New England more and more. They start the corn mazes usually in August and end them in around October. The Stonewall Farm located at 242 Chesterfield Rd. in Keene, NH has the corn maze and other things going on. You can give them a call to see what they have 603 357-7278.

I know of a good one, we used to bring my nieces and nephews to this one, it's awesome, they all are, some are more unique than others, this one is great, it's the Beech Hill Farm Corn Maze located at 107 Beech Hill Rd. in Hopkinton, NH. 603 223-0828.

Here's also a good list of farms around New England that you could check out. It's called the Heart of New England (dot com) website where they list a lot of the farms that are doing up the corn mazes:

Corn Cornfield Maze | Maize | Maine | New Hampshire | Vermont

Beech Hill Farm is good- they have great pumpkin ice cream too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
 
Location: ~~In my mind~~
2,119 posts, read 4,638,589 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl52 View Post
YES, these type of farm activities are cropping up all over New England more and more. They start the corn mazes usually in August and end them in around October. The Stonewall Farm located at 242 Chesterfield Rd. in Keene, NH has the corn maze and other things going on. You can give them a call to see what they have 603 357-7278.

I know of a good one, we used to bring my nieces and nephews to this one, it's awesome, they all are, some are more unique than others, this one is great, it's the Beech Hill Farm Corn Maze located at 107 Beech Hill Rd. in Hopkinton, NH. 603 223-0828.

Here's also a good list of farms around New England that you could check out. It's called the Heart of New England (dot com) website where they list a lot of the farms that are doing up the corn mazes:

Corn Cornfield Maze | Maize | Maine | New Hampshire | Vermont
Thank you CityGirl for the link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
 
951 posts, read 441,813 times
Reputation: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl52 View Post
The Stonewall Farm located at 242 Chesterfield Rd. in Keene, NH has the corn maze and other things going on.
Suzet2262, CityGirl is right. This is a cool farm. We stopped there just after maple sugaring season in early April this year and had the whole place to ourselves. The people working there are really nice and helpful, and the animals (goats, sheep, horses, chickens, ducks, etc) were fun for our kids. We go a chance to go into the cow barn and check their award winning Holsteins. The place has the best milk! We also bought some maple syrup and maple candy that was made just two weeks prior. Yummy!! The farm is a non-profit, so it's nice to support them. They have a gorgeous converted silo that is attached to the main building. There is a spiral staircase going up inside! Very nice. Fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 AM
 
Location: ~~In my mind~~
2,119 posts, read 4,638,589 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Suzet2262, CityGirl is right. This is a cool farm. We stopped there just after maple sugaring season in early April this year and had the whole place to ourselves. The people working there are really nice and helpful, and the animals (goats, sheep, horses, chickens, ducks, etc) were fun for our kids. We go a chance to go into the cow barn and check their award winning Holsteins. The place has the best milk! We also bought some maple syrup and maple candy that was made just two weeks prior. Yummy!! The farm is a non-profit, so it's nice to support them. They have a gorgeous converted silo that is attached to the main building. There is a spiral staircase going up inside! Very nice. Fun!

I have so many of my friends that have asked for me to bring them back some maple sryup or maple candy!! I guess we will have to check out this farm. Oh, off subject a little bit.....does anyone know about cremees? I think I spelt that right. I have been told I have to have one. Lol. Are they in NH, or is it a Vermont thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Monadnock region
3,712 posts, read 5,794,721 times
Reputation: 2335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
I have so many of my friends that have asked for me to bring them back some maple sryup or maple candy!!
oooohhhh maple sugar candy..... I'm not big on the syrup, but I have such a weakness for the candy! it just melts in your mouth..... <sigh> the hard part is not eating the entire box in one sitting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2007, 10:01 AM
 
951 posts, read 441,813 times
Reputation: 800
Yeah, it's like a Homer Simpson moment:

MMMMMMMMM......................candy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
 
Location: small town in the mountains, WA
248 posts, read 523,342 times
Reputation: 244
Talking What did you uend up doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hey all, when my family and I come out there in Oct, we are going to The Adams Family Farm in Willmington, VT to walk through the corn maze, and a hay ride, a bonfire, ghost stories and I think smores. Are there any farms in the Keene area or close by that has something similar to offer?? Thanks, Suzette
I was thinking about goig to the Beech HIll Farm this coming October, which farm did you und up going to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Moving
1,249 posts, read 1,867,559 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Beech Hill Farm is good- they have great pumpkin ice cream too
Ditto on that Nicolem! Also the ice cream has to be the creamiest I ever had!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:55 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top