Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM

450 posts, read 555,124 times

Advertisements

can anyone please tell me what loudon is like

schools, sports, is it a typical new england small town?
area in general,
does it have a lot of wildlife?
is the area very wooded?
Does it have traffic ?
is it known as a conservative town?

is it accessible to the highway?

any other info as well would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,917,611 times
Hello
Loudon is just outside of Concord. I don't know much about it personally, except that it's home to the NASCAR track. I'm sure you'll get response from those who know more than I do on this area!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,305,462 times
Loudon is outside of the state capital of Concord. It has certainly become a lot more built up in the past 5 years or so than it used to be. It is not as small town as it used to be. They now have developments with golf courses and are building a 55+ development. I am sure there is some wildlife left but with a lot of building going on, not as much as there used to be.

Yes it has the Nascar track-the races are twice a year- so for those two weekends( July & September) there will be traffic and some roads closed. The race, however, brings in a lot of $$ for the economy. There are events held other times at the track, but they do not bring the volume and traffic of Nascar.

Yes it is accessible to Rt106 which gets you to RT393 which goes to Rt93.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:31 PM

215 posts, read 582,659 times
Don't forget about motorcycle week ,this also brings in lots of money.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:57 PM

160 posts, read 773,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
schools, sports, is it a typical new england small town?
area in general,
does it have a lot of wildlife?
is the area very wooded?
Does it have traffic ?
is it known as a conservative town?

is it accessible to the highway?
-Yes, most of is is the typical NE town
-Most schools there have sports I believe, and they are pretty good
-Yes, there is wildlife.... which leads into the next question
-Many places are wooded.. which leads to the wildlife.
-Yes.. traffic... the above posts say it all. the Nascar Track... Bike week, etc.. other than that not bad.
-Cant really say if its conservative ?????
-Yes, about 10 min and you are at the highway

Hope this helps

Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
Thumbs up Loudon

My wife and I moved to Loudon about 4 years ago. I can honestly say it was one of the best choices of our lives.
Conservative? Traditional small town values for sure, political hotbed, not really.
Easy access to the highway? You bet! (If you are on the right side of Rte. 106)
As for the big events (NASCAR, bike week, etc..) With the exception of the two NASCAR Sunday re-routing of 106, you hardly notice they are going on.
The schools rank high by the state. It has it's own grade school and a regional high school/junior high.
The area is awesome, you are an hour from the cost, 30 minutes to the lakes region, skiing is a hop skip and a jump. If you like Winter Snowmobile, a major state trail runs through the area.
As for wild life, there is plenty still here! I wake up to wild turkeys in my back yard, watch deer frolic regularly, I've seen moose, fox, hawks, falcons, not to mention local towns folk! Just kidding. The people are great but you will definitely meet some truly wonderful characters here! There is still plenty of woods, no urban sprawl or overdevelopment. The town limits building permits each year.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:31 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,039,453 times
We stayed there (at the Red Roof Inn, Loudon) a few days in July. It was very close to shopping in Concord (which has very good shopping--it was actually right outside the city).

I think there were something like 4 supermarkets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: