U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-20-2007, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,443 times
Default Seacoast Female OB/GYN

Hi, I'm new to the area and am in need of a good OB/GYN. I'm also wondering if Portsmouth Regional is my best option for childbirth. We love the area but suddenly find ourselves in a big hurry to figure things out!
Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 PM

639 posts, read 2,408,433 times
You could call the Women's Health Associates. They're located at 875 Greenland Rd. in Portsmouth. There's a Dr. Jean Ryan that's there. Give them a call may be? Moderator cut: no posting phone numbers, you can DM the number

Last edited by Suzet2262; 07-15-2008 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: posting phone number

Old 08-20-2007, 05:05 PM

26 posts, read 47,710 times
Going to Portsmouth Hospital to have your baby is the worst choice. Go to
York Hospital in York, Maine
Its like night and day......Trust me!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,151 times
Default yes

I had my son at Portsmouth Regional Hospital it was fantastic great help plus friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenji View Post
Hi, I'm new to the area and am in need of a good OB/GYN. I'm also wondering if Portsmouth Regional is my best option for childbirth. We love the area but suddenly find ourselves in a big hurry to figure things out!
Thanks

Old 07-15-2008, 02:07 PM

639 posts, read 2,408,433 times
It would also depend on your health insurance coverage of course. You might not be able to go to a Maine Hospital if you live in New Hampshire, so it depends on your insurance company's policy plan.

By the way, Portsmouth Regional Hospital is highly regarded these days, there staff is wonderful and so isn't there facility, it's been outstanding for a lot of people on the seacoast and beyond. I do understand from friends that York Hospital has quite a fantastic facility as well. Yet, it will still depend on your insurance company's plan where you go for your needs. Believe it or not the Exeter Hospital has been outstanding again too, ever since they added on their addition to their hospital, it gets 5 stars in my book again, it's finally back on track for a LOT of people again, for a while back in the 80's in to the early 90's it didn't get ONE single star, but that's changed dramatically since they got new people running their show, it's awesome again there. Four of my nieces were born at the Exeter Hospital and the others were up at the Portsmouth Regional Hospital....Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:10 PM

1,184 posts, read 2,108,403 times
Seacoast area is a large undefined area -- what town do you live in and I can give suggestions as well. I had 3 children in NH - and 95% of my family are in NH/ME and my sister is now 7 1/1 months pregnant. I personally for hospitals recommend Frisbee (Rochester) Wentworth Douglas (love them in Dover) and I have heard great things about York in Maine. I can give you further recommendations for ob/gyn so you don't have to travel so far if you can narrow down where you are

Good luck and congratulations on the move and expanding your family

Old 07-15-2008, 08:03 PM

203 posts, read 617,683 times
You're always going to have people who say their maternity experience was "good" or "bad" and be talking about the same hospital. Eveyone's reality/experience is different. If I were new to the area and trying to locate an ob/gyn but first had to decide on the hospital, I would research the number of births per year and the c-section percentage at each of the hospitals I was considering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire