Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 PM

587 posts, read 1,621,985 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for your responses. That really helps to ease my mind. We will be moving from TX, so we're probably more likely to be slammed into a tree during a tornado here than to be radiated there! It's always something! Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 07:37 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,123,350 times
have to laugh at the tornado line - we get them VERY rarely - OTOH, Indiana gets them a lot.... I've had the unfortunate experience to be caught up in them 3 x's over the years in Indiana.

This year I traveled out there (July) and the weather was perfect! really perfect! blue skies, sunny days, temps in the mid-70's. I couldn't ask for better! and it was highly unusual. I go back to my hotel room, turn on the tv and hear the reporter say, "tornadoes in NH killed one woman and causes massive destruction!" OMG

who knew???

never say never.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM

587 posts, read 1,621,985 times
That's hilarious! Love the OMG icon! Thanks for all your help - have a great night : )

Old 10-22-2008, 06:01 AM

117 posts, read 424,464 times
One thing about Yankee, which may be common for all plants, but they have not been forthcoming about accidents and emergencies there and it leaves the public wondering about their safety. There are groups actively protesting about renewing their license and wanted them to be forced to report these incidents.

That being said, I'm personally not too worried about it, although we are downwind in Peterborough. There are plants all over the place and any accident would be bad, but it is not expected. I remember camping at Morro Bay in CA and wondering who the heck thought it would be a good idea to plop a nuke plant in the middle of that beautiful scenery. They are not "additions" to the landscape or community wherever they are, but they can arguably provide clean power for lots of people.

France is covered in nuke plants - the majority of their power coming from them. I'm not advocating this power by any means, but if the plant is well run, the spent fuel is processed correctly, and it is monitored correctly, it can be fine. I *much* prefer sun, wind, water, and earth power though!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire