Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:01 PM

124 posts, read 312,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
oil & propane are the 2 most common fuels. electricity is seldom advocated unless there's no other way. Natural gas is not common. stoves are common add-ons and generators are becoming more and more common.
How common are multi burning furnace/boilers? Ones that run wood/oil. I assume multi burners can run coal too.
It also looks like Geothermal isn't that common. Even if I read about homes that upgrade, I'm not really seeing either of those two mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,290 times
Geothermal has been gaining ground again for its second life. First got popular in early 80,s then faded as fuel prices stabalized and dropped. When that happened ROI became so long term , many couldn't be bothered with it.

Not many multi fuel as most people just go with a wood stove with oil backup.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:13 PM

124 posts, read 312,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Geothermal has been gaining ground again for its second life. First got popular in early 80,s then faded as fuel prices stabalized and dropped. When that happened ROI became so long term , many couldn't be bothered with it.

Not many multi fuel as most people just go with a wood stove with oil backup.
If I understand it correctly when Geothermal is an add on it becomes much expensive because you need to replace the existing furnace.

Wood stove and oil back up for heat but multi burners also have associated hot water boilers, off the burner. Makes it nice for radiators and normal hot water usage.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,751 times
Hi guys
I'm very disappointed that I will have to go to Hesser College in Manchester, NH this fall.
Manchester seems like a miserable, post-apocalyptic concrete jungle.... Everyone seems unhappy, the town cannot afford to repair the streets. Jobs and apartments seem scarce.
I am a healer and it seems as though I will be the only one of a wellness mindset in the entire city.
Please tell me I'm wrong!
Should I just accept that this place would be better off nuked and prepare for a miserable 2 yrs in school?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM

276 posts, read 448,208 times
seems like you've already made up your mind -- looks like you'll be miserable

Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM

491 posts, read 1,372,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheuzter View Post
Hi guys
I'm very disappointed that I will have to go to Hesser College in Manchester, NH this fall.
Manchester seems like a miserable, post-apocalyptic concrete jungle.... Everyone seems unhappy, the town cannot afford to repair the streets. Jobs and apartments seem scarce.
I am a healer and it seems as though I will be the only one of a wellness mindset in the entire city.
Should I just accept that this place would be better off nuked and prepare for a miserable 2 yrs in school?
1. Hesser has classes in four other NH cities.
2. Hesser is not your only choice in NH.

If you're already dreading the experience, your chances of success will be limited.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:01 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,381,482 times
So who's forcing you to go to Hesser?

I'm thinking of going there for the Physical Therapy Assistant Program when I'm done with the military. The program is accredited by the professional accreditation agency for Physical Therapists, so it can't be that bad. Not sure about the rest of the school - I've heard bad things about low standards but that's just what I've read on the Internet, so take that with a grain of salt.

You're being overly dramatic about Manchester. It wouldn't be my choice, but I would not be afraid to live there.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,029,292 times
I'm sure my friend who is a director of nursing at a nun's retirement home in Manchester would be thrilled to hear she is not a healer with a wellness mindset. I'm sure all the other dr's and nurses would also! sheesh. cause you're so special?

Old 07-08-2013, 07:07 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,941,024 times
Why do you *have* to go to Hesser College in Manchester? What's stopping you from going to another school?

I know many students who would be thrilled that they have the OPPORTUNITY to go to college at all...

It sounds as though your mindset is already preparing for a miserable 2 years in school, so you'll get exactly what you expect out of it. I'm a little surprised that a healer has such a pessimistic attitude...

Quote:
Hi guys

Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Hi guys
You're a healer, huh? Maybe you should start working on healing yourself. If you go in to a situation with that mind set, that is exactly what you will encounter.

As for "having" to go to college...you poor thing. Do you have any idea how many people would give their arm to be able to have the opportunity that you have and all you do is complain about it?

The only thing that needs to be nuked around here is your attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire