Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I understand the 2nd Amendment just fine. Our founding fathers also had no idea of what was to come in the future.

There is NO earthly reason for a civilian to own AP or any of the bad a$$ bullets. None whatsoever. MHO. Civilians only need 22 or 38's for personal protection. IMO. That's enough to stop a would be burgler.
I don't want to hijack this thread, so perhaps we should start another one. After my comment, I will start another one.

The 2nd amendment doesn't care about your opinion, unless you get enough support to add another amendment (the 18th Amendment worked really well )
There is this funny thing about this country; it is called 'the land of the free'. If you knew what was available to civilians (I assume you do not, correct me if I am wrong), then AP/Corbon/Blue Dots would not be that high on your list of concerns if you think they are 'bad a$$', whatever that means. Machine guns, street sweepers, M2A1's, full-auto AK's, mortars, silencers, everything is available to you and me (legally, but it somewhat depends where you live). Who cares? I have a pile of them. It's a fact of life. Live with it.

Now let's jump to another thread, as this one is about the horrible incident of 5 officers shot, and I am deeply saddened by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread, so perhaps we should start another one. After my comment, I will start another one.

Now let's jump to another thread, .
Hmmm, don't see another thread yet either here or in the Controversies forum. Looking for a fight, huhn? I won't give it to you, just will restate my opinions. And go ahead, berate me some more for my opinions...."sticks and stones"....

Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM

72 posts, read 205,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Geez, please, people, learn the facts.
Level III body armor will take 6 shots of 7.62x51 (i.e. something from an M60), and level IV will take a shot from a 30.06 AP round.

I am starting to think that 'CD' stands for 'Chronic Disinformation'

Level III and Level IV ar not standard issue to your average Officer or Trooper on the road, they are ballistic vests, too bulky to be wore under our uniform. I am issued, and wear, a level IIIA vest, which a .223 round will go through.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, don't see another thread yet either here or in the Controversies forum. Looking for a fight, huhn? I won't give it to you, just will restate my opinions. And go ahead, berate me some more for my opinions...."sticks and stones"....

The other thread is: What should people be allowed to possess? (firearms, etc)

I am in no way, shape or form looking for any type of 'fight'. I am a pacifist. I just am stating the way the laws work in this country (well, most of it), and I understand your opinion. Your opinion, while respected, is not exactly in sync with the laws of the land. Don't shoot the messenger (no pun intended). There is no 'berating' here... just a statement of facts. Simple 'nuff.

(Even in your home state of Taxachusetts, I got permits to buy and possess just about anything, and that state is one tough cookie).

Old 04-18-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfire View Post
Level III and Level IV ar not standard issue to your average Officer or Trooper on the road, they are ballistic vests, too bulky to be wore under our uniform. I am issued, and wear, a level IIIA vest, which a .223 round will go through.
Actually, that sort of scares me. Law enforcement people should have the best available. You are putting your life on the line for the rest of us. IIIA will at least protect you from .44 and .357...

One thing I found interesting is that a civilian can buy way more firepower and protection than what is issued to officers/troopers. In the right hands (those of us that do it for a hobby (me), no problem). In the wrong hands... ouch. I guess that explains all the licensing (one more set of fingerprints and my hands will be permanently stained black )

Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 AM

369 posts, read 964,277 times
Quote:
I understand the 2nd Amendment just fine.
No. You don't.

The second amendment is all about being able to keep an out of contriol government in check, something the founding fathers DID think about quite a bit as they had just fought a war AGAINST an oppressive government.

Here is a guide to firearms you'll understand;

Also to paraphrase Darth Sidious: The stupid is strong with this thread.

Good God people, please educate yourselves.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
No. You don't.

The second amendment is all about being able to keep an out of contriol government in check, something the founding fathers DID think about quite a bit as they had just fought a war AGAINST an oppressive government.

That is the best pic!

Next thing you will hear is that people will consider that an air-soft is an assault gun.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
No. You don't.

For not wanting to hijack the thread, you two are doing a great job of it by "making" me respond.

BTW, I AM THE OP of this thread so I guess I CAN respond.

Once again, I DO understand the 2nd Amendment. I'm not saying YOU can't have your toys, I'm saying MY OPINION. What can't you accept about that.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Today is Chief Maloney's wake. Once again I send my sympathies and regrets to his family and ALL officers of the law.

(My finace was killed in the line of duty many, many years ago. I can empathize.)

Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
For not wanting to hijack the thread, you two are doing a great job of it by "making" me respond.

BTW, I AM THE OP of this thread so I guess I CAN respond.

Once again, I DO understand the 2nd Amendment. I'm not saying YOU can't have your toys, I'm saying MY OPINION. What can't you accept about that.

I've jumped to another thread. The topic of this thread is about the 5 injured/killed officers. We understand you are stating your opinion, but you have to realize, none of us actually care.
Please visit us at the other thread I posted to continue this discussion, though we won't care there, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire