U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 AM

4,530 posts, read 11,508,279 times

Advertisements

Awww Greg, that's horrible I'm sorry to hear that it came back (but sadly, not surprised). Are you on the biaxin/plaquenil combo? If so, I'm doubly sorry. Hopefully it'll just be a couple of months treatment to get things under control again. The fatigue is probably what most ppl find the worst about Lyme (my daughter once said "It's as though the bed has invisible arms and they are pulling my entire body into the mattress. Whole body unending and absolute fatigue that makes you not want to move, period. All from a tick the size of a period on a screen..." PM me one day when you've got the energy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 AM

41,507 posts, read 48,350,243 times
ValC - thank you for your concern. I appreciate the thought. Fortunately my physical work load is pretty small so I am coping. The major symptom is every joint hurts all the time. That gets old fast. Fortunately something can be done about this situation.

Sometines I think insects that crawl, walk, fly and bite are god's punishment for being a red blooded mammal.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 PM

85 posts, read 110,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlp View Post
Thanks. My husband woke up two mornings in a row with red welts but he used hydrocortisone cream and they went away but came back next day - we were thinking he had an allergic reaction to something.
Hydrocortisone cream works but is pretty powerful stuff. I find that rubbing some "Organic Coconut Oil" on those welts reduces the swelling and speeds up the healing. It won't keep them away though. Most folks are skeptical (and who can blame them), but after trying it, many make a point of thanking me for the tip. Just saying

Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 AM

137 posts, read 284,834 times
Thanks for the tip Burgermeister. I will try that.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:18 PM

1,771 posts, read 4,282,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgermeister View Post
Most folks are skeptical (and who can blame them), but after trying it, many make a point of thanking me for the tip. Just saying
You don't see me chuckling...Jewel Weed still works wonders on various skin irritations as well. A lot of natural remedies are under-estimated; they have there place in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire