U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 10:09 PM

2,268 posts, read 2,568,570 times

Advertisements

Had a great , relaxing ride backroading it to some favorite haunts, but first a eh lunch at the Smoke Shack... you will need lot's of bbq sauce to give any kind of flavor to the pulled pork as Linda commented, she gave me a sample of hers, first time I ever tasted BLAH bark.. sad.

I fared quite a bit better, my Cajun Fatboy had plenty of flavor from the greasy but tasty sausage, that grease served to add flavor to the pulled pork and chicken, throw in some onions and peppers and you are good!

Ok, so once again we were off, stopping in Andover at the Keniston and CilleyVille bridges. At the CilleyVille I left a little something for a member of of a motorcycle forum I frequent to find..a small skull, like the one I wear in my beard.. a good pulled pork sandwich at my expense hangs in the balance, and sorry it is just for him.

Sometimes I get me historical information confused. I thought that another horse was buried in a human cemetery in Wilmot Flat, turns out there is a memorial to Billy yet another civil war horse whose loyalty inspired their owners to go to lengths to request that their equine companions be buried with or near them. , but no, instead Billy gets a plaque it stands alongside what was the Chase farm, but I did get Chases grave anyway.

At the junction of 103A and 103 I stopped to admire the nice restoration of what is known as the center meeting house.

Down the road aways in Bradford it was good to see the Bement re-opened

It was a beautiful day for a ride and we ended up taken in eight covered bridges, but now, as I was when leaning against this tree earlier.. I am tired..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM

123 posts, read 195,856 times
Very Nice

Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 AM

41,506 posts, read 48,891,184 times
CD - Went riding along Rt 103 yesterday. We watched a Motorcycle show as about a dozen motorcycles stopped at the store on Salisbury Corner (Rt 127 & Rt 4). My friend just bought a new cruiser and he is having a ball. It was a great day to riding.

My only complaint is the State has ignored so many miles of back country state road. They are just linear frost heaves and broken pavement. Rt 27 south of the Salisbury crossing nearly shook my teeth out. Some of these roads are actively dangerous.

Good to see you back on the Forum.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
CD - Went riding along Rt 103 yesterday. We watched a Motorcycle show as about a dozen motorcycles stopped at the store on Salisbury Corner (Rt 127 & Rt 4). My friend just bought a new cruiser and he is having a ball. It was a great day to riding.

My only complaint is the State has ignored so many miles of back country state road. They are just linear frost heaves and broken pavement. Rt 27 south of the Salisbury crossing nearly shook my teeth out. Some of these roads are actively dangerous.

funny you should mention that.. I just wrote a post on the Honda Forum title scary roads.. which became an offshoot for a section of the book I am writing.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Oh and I still want to get together.. man weather ain't been great, money ain't been great and time has been premium husband and wife time.. but there are a whole lot of good folks I have been ignoring.. not right. Hey if I could I'd just have one big assed bbq party ( hosted by Goodie Coles of course !! ).. I have a week off come bike week.. maybe we can hook up.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 PM

a few from yesterday

100_3928.mp4 video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 AM

41,506 posts, read 48,891,184 times
CD - PM me and we can arange to meet and ride.

BTW - Great photos. where in Heck is that huge Trebushe?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM

64 posts, read 108,997 times
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Yankee Siege a record holder punkin chucker?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM

3,252 posts, read 5,972,563 times
Quote:
CD - PM me and we can arange to meet and ride.

BTW - Great photos. where in Heck is that huge Trebushe?
It is "trebuchet", and I will put up, anyday, my M1841 6-pounders against it. I only need one shot. (well, and a lifetime in prison).
Let's see a trebuchet put a 6-pound ball through 4 feet of oak. Kids stuff.

Last edited by SuperSparkle928; 05-18-2012 at 09:16 AM..

Old 05-18-2012, 09:14 AM

3,252 posts, read 5,972,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post

Sometimes I get me historical information confused. I thought that another horse was buried in a human cemetery in Wilmot Flat, turns out there is a memorial to Billy yet another civil war horse whose loyalty inspired their owners to go to lengths to request that their equine companions be buried with or near them. , but no, instead Billy gets a plaque it stands alongside what was the Chase farm, but I did get Chases grave anyway.
Perhaps it varies by location, but the graveyard I will end up in will not allow anything but human remains, unless they are cremated. Pissed me off. I am taking my dog with me, when we both expire. (I am planning a mausoleum for the past three of them). Two have already passed, over the last 30 years. I think the laws vary by state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire