Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM

27 posts, read 53,317 times

Advertisements

I asked this same question in the Maine forum and got some pretty positive responses, so here goes the NH version. Basically, I will be moving to New England before too long and it looks like it will probably be either Maine or New Hampshire. I would love to be able to find some land and start up a market garden. I'm wondering if there's anyone around that has any experience with this up there and is it even feasible to think I could one day do this full time (that's the dream).
Are there any specific regulations that help or hamper this kind of business, and how popular are the farmers markets and farm stands.

I should mention, the region I'm looking in is central NH. My Wife can transfer her job (restaurant) which is located in both Lebanon and Tilton, so somewhere in the vicinity of there is the plan.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,737,614 times
If you could buy or lease some of the Connecticut River botom land near Leabanon you should do well. The bottom land soil in that region is as good as any in North America and the Leabanon and Hanover economy is quite prosperous so selling fresh produce should be a viable business.

I suggest contacting the local Chambers of Commerce and the Grange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire