Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 05:50 PM

139 posts, read 350,759 times

Advertisements

anyone have any thoughts on which bank is better to use in the concord and pembroke areas? thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM

885 posts, read 2,655,992 times
I have the same question for the seacoast area...
Cheers,
Rob.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,624,405 times
Gosh, dont think it really matters anymore. Gone are the days where a bank was more likely to lend you money if it knew you.

As long as it has online banking and online check writing I'm happy.

Bank of America or TD Banknorth are both fine for me.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,660,352 times
I vote for a credit union any day! They are more customer oriented, and can do anything a bank can do for you, for far less. (You won't get fee'd to death).

Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,917,611 times
List of NH Credit Unions: Welcome to the New Hampshire Credit Union League.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM

83 posts, read 69,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Gosh, dont think it really matters anymore. Gone are the days where a bank was more likely to lend you money if it knew you.

As long as it has online banking and online check writing I'm happy.

Bank of America or TD Banknorth are both fine for me.
I wouldn't bank at Bank Of America. It's owned by a Saudi Arabian.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM

639 posts, read 3,523,159 times
Default Credit Unions vs. Banks

I refuse to use any banks in the state of New Hampshire OR in Massachusetts or anywhere else in New England for that matter. As a matter of fact, I also strictly use Credit Unions and I'll stand by them till the day I die! They're awesome. You don't and won't get that same loyalty in a banking institution and no ones changing my mind on that one, especially after what happened to me when I tried to switch to a bank! Credit Union's customer service is above and beyond any banking institution and they'll always be number 1 in my book.
I tried once switching to a bank institution, that I won't name, because I have family that banks there and they swear by them! With me though, I lasted may be 2 1/2 months and that's it! They lost me forever and a day as a customer. I didn't think the direct deposits would ever go through, that bank messed up so bad! Finally, after them taking quite a few weeks and then all of a sudden, out of the clear blue sky they got it all straightened out? Well it was too late, I couldn't take their aggravating phone calls all hours of the day and night! I got so aggravated with it all, that I switched right back to my old stand by faithful "credie" as we nicknamed it years ago! (credit union) that I had for years and now I refuse to leave them ever again and it only took them a couple of days to get me back and that was the end of it with them, no problem. They're awesome. They always will be as far as I'm concerned.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 AM

885 posts, read 2,655,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
I wouldn't bank at Bank Of America. It's owned by a Saudi Arabian.
Bank of America is a publicly traded company (BAC on the NYSE). Surely some Saudi's own stock. Surely too do millions of Americans. The largest block of shares 4.9% is held by a British bank. There are no controlling shareholders.

The Saudi thing is an urban legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire