Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 AM

15 posts, read 41,049 times

Advertisements

Hi there everyone!

I am still looking for an apartment in the Manchester or Surrounding areas but preferably south since I may have to commute to MA for my job, but I am only able to find properties that accept Section 8 or that do not accept my dogs only cats.

Just to clarify, I do not have anything against anyone that uses section 8, It just has been my experience that those properties tend to have more crime and less than desirable areas. I did used to live in one but the first night I was there my car was broken into and within a week my apt, so needless to say I do not like section 8 properties.

My budget is around $11-1200.00 per month, and if anyone of you read my other thread you will see i bumped it up from $1k because it is impossible to find something for that price that I would feel safe in.

I have looked at forrent.com, apartmentfinder.com, and of course craigslist but havent found something that checks all my boxes.
I need a place that takes small dogs, like chihuahua small, and i would prefer a washer/dryer in the unit as well as wood/laminate floors, i do have dogs afterall. Other than that I dont need a bunch of amenities although i wont turn them down either lol.

Its amazing here in Kansas I have all those things and dont even pay $800 a month for my place, and its gated with Granite counter tops!!

I will be moving on Sunday so wish me luck and if you cant recommend a property maybe just an area to look in or an area to avoid would be helpful.

The real estate agents up there rarely return calls and if they do , seem very rude and in a hurry and not willing to divulge a lot of information about good vs bad areas.

thanks again for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 01:30 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
some listings that allow dogs

http://www.move.com/apartmentsforren...dly?source=web

Old 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,512 times
Oh I'm sorry you are having trouble. I'm in Oklahoma and I'm having the same trouble! I find a place they accept me but not my dog. Or I find a place and it's in a high crime area. UGH!! it's so discouraging! I hope you are having better luck than I am.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,504 times
Check out Keystone Management in Concord NH. I know they have properties in Concord, Hillsboro, Manchester, Warner Henniker and others. They allow pets including most dogs in all their rentals. They usually have cheap move in deposits also.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 AM

18 posts, read 31,409 times
We were just looking at Boulder Park in Nashua, the management was very helpful and the price was in your range. We ended up going with another, property in S Nashua due to the location, but it's pretty pricey. We just need a short-term lease to get in the state and get work, though, then we're looking for houses in the spring.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Twin Ponds on Spitbrook Road in Nashua is where most of my dog-owning rental clients end up. There are gated areas for people to exercise their dogs off leash, and while there are no breed restrictions, they do charge to DNA certain dogs or mixes that might require an additional liability policy. There is a 2-dog limit per rental unit (though I've known people with nearly identical dogs and had more than then allowed 2).

Now, as you can imagine, if you chose to live in a dog-friendly place, there are bound to be issues like barking at inconvenient hours, and the chance of stepping in doggy doo. I'm told that most people pick up after their dogs, but of course there are always going to be those who let their dogs do their business, and they just continue on without bothering to pick it up.

When I've been there, I've always seen dogs ON LEASH, and rather well behaved. The rentals aren't luxury, but there a couple of different styles (townhomes, garden style, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire