Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,890,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
If you want people to know about this incident, I'd think you would let the locals know. How many folks from NH do you think are on CD? I would have pm'd this newsflash to those you knew well here rather than producing a thread regarding your kill. I wouldn't be writing about lying to authorities either. And all cops don't lie. After many posts on this story and the fact there was another person with you, I doubt you could convince them you made this up, if anyone did check into it. I also wouldn't be saying anything that could be taken as a threat, even your.."the next time I shoot a fox for fur, it will have your name on it" comment could be taken the wrong way. Maybe you are hoping they close this thread, you're not helping yourself any. Closed threads are not deleted.
I wasn't hunting for anything...... I have a hunting lic and so I haven't even broken any law.... I can go hunting today for foxes all I want.... Did you not see the link.

I don't really care what you or Buck or anyone else thinks...

Yeah I wish i didn't say a thing now. It's been like calling the Fire Dept because Lightning struck a tree and that ended up burning down a Chevy Suburban and the house.

If I had any sense which i don't I would never lift a finger to help man kind again.....

The worst the gamey could do is bust me for shooting too close to a house, the one I live in....

OMG! I shoot out here commonly less than 150 yards from the house, but hey no one cares and i haven't hit the house once yet.... Why in fact i shoot inside the barn rather a lot too!
OMG!

As to people in the NH room a lot of them live in NH and a lot of them have pets.

I myself have no pets but there is still 1 dog living here. Formerly there was 2 but 1 dies and i didn't shoot it.

Since it is legal to hunt fox at the dates I listed which came off the NH F&G site I may decide to go hunting for more foxes and I will place pics of any and all I take for fur right here on this thread so long as no one closes it.

I can argue just as well as the next guy........

If it happens Buck slanders me any more than s/he has s/he may end up talking to my lawyer. I am pretty sure Buck lives in NH...

I am pretty sure it is illegal to own wild pets in NH.

I am also pretty sure Buck placed youtube fox videos on here that could lead to the arrest of who ever owns that gray fox, but i doubt that fox belongs to Buck.

I am some what agitated so my replies may not be sen as very friendly, and most of the folks here already know i don't always play well with others.

As to telling locals I have on my street and a few old wind bags up town who will gossip all over everywhere about it. Tamworth NH is full of tree huggers ya know....

it ain't no secret where I am , un-like most people on CD.....

The next thing that will happen is the death threats...... Why I knew a deer hunter personally in the state of Md and one day they found him shot to death leaning on a tree, rifle across his lap wearing a blaze orange hat and coat.... No one of course was ever caught for that murder.... I am aware of violent anti hunters ya know like PETA people...

Living is just a risk I take, one that beats being dead........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
My sympathies. Sometimes you just have to do what you do not want to do anyway.

FWIW - I have an old Mossberg .22 bolt action rifle that will let me hit tennis balls at 100 yards on a reasonably consistant basis. Maybe we can get together sometime. PM me. GregW
Thxs Greg........ Dm sure..... plinkin sure, bike riding now not so sure

Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,110,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
When was it you saw this mystery flatlander feeding this fox again?

some people think their imagination is history.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM

Red fox is common in NH. Silver fox is more common in the southern part of the state. Red fox have 3 phases of color. Black - where they almost completely black, then Black w/Silver tips and finally a cross phase where they are rusty red with a black 'cross' on their back and shoulders.

On the average, hunters kill roughly 300 fox in NH annually.

Red fox eat fruit, vegetables, bugs and grass. They will occasionally kill a mouse or rodent and sometimes a cat.

The kittens leave the den at around 7 months old - the fall season.

Mac probably had a young male searching for a new environment.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
20 yards away is not close. Animals are naturally curious. He ran away from you...that should have been enough for you to leave him alone.

People who have pets know to get them distempers shots at least once in their life. The shots are good for 5 years. Titer tests have shown that they are good even longer in some animals. IMO, you came here to brag about your inappropriate actions.

You even admit he looked healthy and not sick. He didn't act sick. You did.

There is no defense.
I said 20 feet not 20 yards I did say this animal was acting sick. Your'e a tree huggin fool, and all I want is you real name and address so my lawyer can chat with you..... Please send me a dm with that info.

Since I HAVE a valid NH hunting Lic I haven't done anything illegal but be too close to a dwelling... The one i live in. The other guy is the owner, and he requested I shoot this fox, and if it comes to it in a court of law where I am suing the pants off you for slander and defamation of character, he will back it up....

If you could read better the title might be a hint of how upset I was.....

So really if you want to play wit me in court shoot me a dm because I wouldn't mind suing you for the above and anything else my lawyers thinks he can get from you....

And now I know it is legal I will go actively hunt more foxes just special for you........ That is on your head, and i sure can use the furs...... You know in this economy every last little fox fur will help.

I wonder the fur buyers pay these days for a green hide........

Did you know I brain tan deer hides, that i am a historical re-enactor and I work with hides a lot making leathers and clothing of furs too, that in that picture there us 3 coons and the arrow quiver is bear hide fur on.....

That by doing what you just causes anger and the best way to fight back with you is to go get more foxes... My wife might like a wild fox fur coat too... These are not much like anything you see in stores but are far nicer mixed with brain tan deer hides as soft as velvet, and all trimmed in fur from foxes.....

Anyway this is getting way OT. I need your name and address so dm me.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 AM

thought you had me on ignore.....ROFL

I am suing the pants off you for slander and defamation of character, he will back it up....

you are a hoot! it's not slander if it's the truth. it's YOUR story.

and take an anger management class....your neighbors will appreciate it.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,362,521 times
Just FYI, keeping a wild animal in NH is legal if you have a permit.

State Laws Governing Private Possession of Exotic Animals

Funny thing about the Live Free or Die State - all those people who are allowed to do stuff you don't approve of!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
Red fox is common in NH. Silver fox is more common in the southern part of the state. Red fox have 3 phases of color. Black - where they almost completely black, then Black w/Silver tips and finally a cross phase where they are rusty red with a black 'cross' on their back and shoulders.

On the average, hunters kill roughly 300 fox in NH annually.

Red fox eat fruit, vegetables, bugs and grass. They will occasionally kill a mouse or rodent and sometimes a cat.

The kittens leave the den at around 7 months old - the fall season.

Mac probably had a young male searching for a new environment.
This wasn't a red or a silver fox. It was a gray fox....... DM me for contact info..... I want my lawyer to contact you... If you prefer you can contact him.

You have defamed my character, while all I was doing was making sure any locals could be informed......

really........ I have time to spare between jobs these days and every cent counts.....

Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM

ROFL

do tell.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Just FYI, keeping a wild animal in NH is legal if you have a permit.

State Laws Governing Private Possession of Exotic Animals

Funny thing about the Live Free or Die State - all those people who are allowed to do stuff you don't approve of!
Oh I am in big trouble NOW There is all sorts of wild critters that attempt to inhabit the house, shop and barn! OMG. We got bats, and all kinds of mice, not to mention the red squirrels in the barn I DON"T have permits for OMG OMG OMG.......

Ya know I bet it's hard to get that permit and if you tame a wild fox that good ol Mista' Game warden will come take it from you and unfortunately have to take it to the Science Center in Holderness or a place like there, where the poor little critter will spend the rest of it days wondering why it was abandoned.

Did you notice one must first have the permit? That would be a wild life re-hab permit like the one my wife has, but is from NY and out of date.

I am so sure you have no IDEA how hard it is to get that type of permit. The first question when you ask for one is why do you 'need' it, and if you need it because you have mr fuzzy fox it gets taken away and you get a nice happy face FINE to pay....

It's quite pointless trying to have a discussion with tree huggers..... You all live in the land of celluloid, where big orange butterflies land on bambi's nose, and everyone and everything talks and lives in harmony.

It doesn't matter to you and anyone like you that I didn't break any game law..... All that matters is something that looks cute and fuzzy died....

I said I bet the fox was sick in the first post, that my wife said so too and later i mentioned she had a NY Re hab permit which she saved in case she ever would want another in any other state.

When i first met her, she was working with wounded predator birds.... She was allowed to have feathers from predator birds too in order to help make minor repairs when possible..

The god dammed title says this was upsetting to me, and it was, but now more so because of people like you telling me this was a healthy fox while none of you saw it, and i could have kept the hide fur on... and SOLD it for MONEY

And if a permitted fox escapes and comes to me at less that 20 feet while I am outside with another man working on a big steel machine welding and cutting steel with a whizz where which is some noisey and there is a medium to large dog there too, I will shoot that permitee's fox dead in a heart beat.

If I can tell for sure that fox was healthy I will case skin it and make a nice bag or a sleeve to a coat.

You know that you can't buy this type of clothing at walmart doncha'?

Lets see here...... The shield is bear hide fur on..... The hat is coyote fur on, the pole arm has feathers from turkey and hide with fur on from beaver. The shirt leggings and mocs are all brain tan deer. better than velvet. I can't recall what else is in that picture but I still have the shield and it has smaller feathers and little bones of turkey as well as brass hearts from the the 7th Calvary and US bridle fittings upside down.

I am sure there are other domestic and wild leathers on and about my gear that day too.

Obviously I am abusing the horse, because to ride one is akin to slavery in the mind of a tree hugger.

Oh yeah that rope is black dyed and gray dyed horse hair.... let us not forget that.....

Just let me know when you can buy this type of thing in walmart...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire