U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 7,018 times
Default Career Fairs for Teachers in NH?

Are there any job fairs for educators in Southern New Hampshire? My husband and I really want to relocate from Flagstaff, AZ, and I'd like to do everything I can to get a job teaching high school English for next school year (2013-2014).
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM

2,990 posts, read 4,858,919 times
none that I know of....currently.

NEANH - NH School Jobs

and

American Association for Employment in Education

Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM

968 posts, read 1,017,187 times
Not New Hampshire but teaching overseas.
Pay is usually pretty good.

What’s Happening At ISS

From recruitment fairs to teaching workshops, ISS offers a variety of events so you can better yourself and, in turn, better the world. In addition, ISS attends conferences, symposiums and other events to connect with the worldwide educational community so that we can better serve those within.
Our 2012 IRCs were a huge success! The events held in Lisbon, Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston and San Francisco were attended by many schools and hundreds of candidates.
View the list of schools that have been recruiting with ISS this year. Jobs continue to be posted and filled. Become an ISS candidate today!

LINK

There is also DOD US government teaching jobs overseas.

LINK

Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,021,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhamilton15 View Post
Are there any job fairs for educators in Southern New Hampshire? My husband and I really want to relocate from Flagstaff, AZ, and I'd like to do everything I can to get a job teaching high school English for next school year (2013-2014).
Why do you guys want to leave AZ?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM

sgthoskins - There are many factors. My husband and I feel as though we have reached the top of the glass ceiling so to speak in Flagstaff, and we are just getting started with our life as a family. We dream of more for ourselves and our son. I am a teacher and Arizona does not support education. In this community in particular, public education struggles greatly. I know, I know, teachers all over the country feel unappreciated. But it is different here. Teachers in Arizona are being asked to work in increasingly difficult situations for less. Life, of course, is not all about money. However, Flagstaff is a tourist town - a resort community. Therefore, there are many people who contribute to certain aspects of our economy, while not putting money into the education of the people who live in the area they enjoy. The people native to this region have very little to begin with, leaving much less for the education of their children. When I first came to Arizona (from NJ), I was aware of the difficulty here. The population of our community is marginalized to say the least. I was idealistic and thought I could help. Change the system, reach a few kids, make a difference. Lately, I feel defeated. I feel as though it cannot happen here. The system is broken and I can't fix it. I'm looking for a place where I can feel inspired again. Inspired to help others and learn more about life. I'm hoping New Hampshire can be that place for me.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,021,016 times
Of the teachers I know in New England, Massachusetts is MUCH more public education friendly than NH. They spent more per student, teachers make more with better benefits and there are a lot more positions in MA then there are in NH.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM

2,990 posts, read 4,858,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhamilton15 View Post
sgthoskins - There are many factors. My husband and I feel as though we have reached the top of the glass ceiling so to speak in Flagstaff, and we are just getting started with our life as a family. We dream of more for ourselves and our son. I am a teacher and Arizona does not support education. In this community in particular, public education struggles greatly. I know, I know, teachers all over the country feel unappreciated. But it is different here. Teachers in Arizona are being asked to work in increasingly difficult situations for less. Life, of course, is not all about money. However, Flagstaff is a tourist town - a resort community. Therefore, there are many people who contribute to certain aspects of our economy, while not putting money into the education of the people who live in the area they enjoy. The people native to this region have very little to begin with, leaving much less for the education of their children. When I first came to Arizona (from NJ), I was aware of the difficulty here. The population of our community is marginalized to say the least. I was idealistic and thought I could help. Change the system, reach a few kids, make a difference. Lately, I feel defeated. I feel as though it cannot happen here. The system is broken and I can't fix it. I'm looking for a place where I can feel inspired again. Inspired to help others and learn more about life. I'm hoping New Hampshire can be that place for me.

that is just so sad....

Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 PM

395 posts, read 148,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Of the teachers I know in New England, Massachusetts is MUCH more public education friendly than NH. They spent more per student, teachers make more with better benefits and there are a lot more positions in MA then there are in NH.
Yeah it's definitely much easier to be a hack public school teacher with union backing in MA than it is in NH.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 AM

32,939 posts, read 26,445,938 times
Default Kh 15

If Arizona does not support education then New Hampshire hates it. We have some of the most underfunded school systems in the country. I strongly advise you to look elsewhere for a teaching job unless you like to volunteer your time and work.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If Arizona does not support education then New Hampshire hates it. We have some of the most underfunded school systems in the country. I strongly advise you to look elsewhere for a teaching job unless you like to volunteer your time and work.
Actually, Arizona literally ranks 50th in the country for the LEAST amount of money spent per student in public school at $6,400 per student (in 2010-2011). The national average at that time was over $10,000. Anywhere I go in the country would be better. That is why I'm leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire