Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times

Advertisements

citizens arrest only apply to felonies...

Some people don't believe in freedom.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,504 times
The whole marijuana debate will disappear in the next decade or so as the older generation looses the reigns on such topics.

It really is silly that booze and prescription drugs are ok but a natural alternative is outlawed.
I, myself, am looking forward to the day when I can use a natural medicine to relieve the aches and pains that come from a hard life of physical labor or as a relaxant and stress reliever from a long day (much in the same way many folks have a couple of glasses of wine).

This is just the opinion of a family guy with kids that does not ever consume alcohol, opiates (or any type of manufactured pain reliever) or tobacco.

There is also big potetial for hemp in many other industries as well. Textiles, alternative energy, etc.

Until that day, I guess I suffer - but hey don't worry about my opinions and go have another drink.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times
Phoned back to one of my colleagues that is in NH... He stated one of his neighbors is building a huge greenhouse... he sent me a picture of it... it had to be close to $500K to build... I wager he is not going to be growing tomatoes in it.... heat, large water basins... my theory is that once pot becomes legal in MA (and probably ultimately in NH), it will be a 'cash crop', once he gets a license for growing it for 'medical use'.

On a separate note, I read that in NH they can legally take a blood sample from you, against your will, to determine intoxication from alcohol. (Well, I was taught that by an ED director at a hospital).

There are things way worse than marijuana.... (and I don't smoke it at all)... alcohol is far more destructive, as it destroys most of your internal organs (liver, pancreas, heart, brain etc.) And things like opiates and benzodiazepines are also brutal, especially if you mix them with alcohol. Mixing alcohol with Ativan, or Serax, or most benzo's is called 'lights out'. (I worked in the medical field for 17 years).
Probably the worst of all is crystal meth... I saw people go right down the hopper on that stuff; and if you ever saw how it was made, you would run away fast.

I know that they call pot 'the gateway drug', but I only believe that if a person has a predisposition of having an addictive personality.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM

"On a separate note, I read that in NH they can legally take a blood sample from you, against your will, to determine intoxication from alcohol. (Well, I was taught that by an ED director at a hospital)."

State v. Steimel

April 2007 - the defendant caused a head on collision and was under the influence of heroin. He admitted he was on drugs to hospital staff before he was arrested. Therefore no violation of miranda and the warrantless blood collected was allowed in court.

the case was overturned on appeal.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM

I know that they call pot 'the gateway drug', but I only believe that if a person has a predisposition of having an addictive personality.

Marijuana is not addictive.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
can we tax beer, wine and liquor at 200,000% too?

it's only fair.....
Fine by me....... I quit smoking because of the 2,000% + tax which proved to me the Feds can tax any items as high as they want and people won't even whimper.

So for legal pot 200,000% isn't unreasonable....

I will want laws to prevent people from operating vehicles when they are high too. Like for the day they are high and 3 days after that...

The last thing I need to deal with is texters driving who are also High......

I can still afford the 2 beers a week i drink at that tax.... I don't touch wine on a bet....

In fact I have a bottle of imported 12 year Scotch that was given to me last x mass and the seal hasn't been broken yet... I have bottles of open vodka that exceed 8 years old....

So I could afford that tax.........

Also pot heads should be registered, so We know who they are. I bet pot heads will have a bad time in the work place too......

I am sure i would never hire one to run heavy machines or operate any heavy equipment. I would refuse to work in a logging yard with any one high.... I would refuse to work with most anyone doing what I do if i thought they were drunk or high...

I won't ride my motorcycle with drunk or high people either once I know they are...

Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
On Sept. 14th, a NH jury nullified it's first major marijuana felony case.

Doug Darrell, of Barnstead, was freed.

New Hampshire Jury Nullifies Major Felony Marijuana Case by Alex Newman

marijuana possession is a misdemeanor, not a felony, so a citizen's arrest would be laughed at

if you weren't killed in self defense in the process of trying to kidnap someone.....ROFL

LOL I doubt anyone would be able to kill me if i arrested them for smoking pot.... I carry a Govt mod .45 all the time.. Pretty much that will stop anyone who hasn't
t got brains to stop when i say Hi there buddy your scaring me and if you don't stop now I will stop you for sure..

Any event last Sept hasn't even gotten around to the State Police yet...... Gimmie a break.

before you go off and tell me my own gun is more a danger to me and mine KNOW I already shot a man in Barlett, and I never even got a Free Ride Down Town.

I know the law took training in it and I got another training in weapons someplace else....

What happened that time is I took out a 6 time loser and whe was wanted for 6 more violent crimes related to guess what ! Drugs!

Why that dumb ass picked my house off a dead off another dead end in the middle of the night is well past my knowing.

My Great Dane was going Nuts barking , My Horse was crazy, My son around 3 was crying and my now x wife was friggin hysterical.

I called the cops 40 something miles away down to Ossipee because back than that was IT, and the dispatcher told me "To Serve and Protect" didn't mean cops were my personal body guards.

With the phone in one hand the goon coming at me with a weapon in his hands, I shot that SOB with my 12 Ga and knocked him down hard..

With that he began to get up and when he did turned his back to me and hobbled to his chit box toyota car... As he began to drive away I blew out the rear windshield and ALL the tail lights.

The Dispatcher heard that, and i told him what car they would be looking for. Then I hung up.

45 minutes later the cops had the guy. The cops had to break both that guys thumbs as I heard it over the phone, because he was at some woman's house chocking her infant..

At that point I saw the cops did after all decide to get up and DO something..

But none ever came to my place, I went no where.... I wasn't even offered a ride..
I was called once more, to answer 3 questions and that ended it.

That was when I decided it was time to take training in LAW.. and stop playing around with bird shot for self defense.

Bad guys now can look forward to .45 cal flyin ashtrays, and Double Buck and Brenneke Slugs...

Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
The whole marijuana debate will disappear in the next decade or so as the older generation looses the reigns on such topics.

It really is silly that booze and prescription drugs are ok but a natural alternative is outlawed.
I, myself, am looking forward to the day when I can use a natural medicine to relieve the aches and pains that come from a hard life of physical labor or as a relaxant and stress reliever from a long day (much in the same way many folks have a couple of glasses of wine).

This is just the opinion of a family guy with kids that does not ever consume alcohol, opiates (or any type of manufactured pain reliever) or tobacco.

There is also big potetial for hemp in many other industries as well. Textiles, alternative energy, etc.

Until that day, I guess I suffer - but hey don't worry about my opinions and go have another drink.
I find that sort of surprising since you run heavy equipment and chain saws at times and assorted other machines.

Pot and hemp are not the same exact thing..

These are similar looking plants but hemp will just get you a bad head ache.... Both plants can be raised to harvest 3 times a year in the USA, but probably not in NH. That fuel could run every bio-electric plant in the nation.. it could be bio degradable plastic, clothing, rope, and even OIL.......

I am against people who don't want to be sober at work and smoking pot will keep people unfit to work machinery for 3 days....

I am sure i wouldn't like to know the pilot of the jet plane I am sitting is is high high high. on pot!

These silly liberals have a excuse and a whine for every thing..... Until something bad of what ever happens to them and then it is Ban Ban and more Ban.....

Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,504 times
I would never want to work with or ride with anybody under the influence of any alcohol or any type of drugs or pain killers - legal or not.

Mac, you must have smoked way better weed than I did. The effects never lasted past the evening that I used it.

Unfortunately, the law is the law and I have to much to lose nowadays to want to fool around with pot but if it was legal i would definitely partake.

To each their own.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM

I am against people who don't want to be sober at work and smoking pot will keep people unfit to work machinery for 3 days....

ROFL

Pot will stay in the human system for months, but only because the body is in no rush to get rid of it. It's a natural, non-toxic herb.

A cocaine user or a heroin user will test clean within 3 days because the body is quick to remove toxic chemicals.

There are no drug tests for drunks... but if there were, they would test clean within hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire