U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM

7,762 posts, read 5,675,546 times

Advertisements

With a husband from England with no family here and myself alone here now that relatives have all moved away, we are looking for a reasonably priced restaurant for Christmas dinner. We live right on the MA/NH border on the seacoast. I've checked out everything, I think--Exeter, Hampton, Portsmouth, etc.

It seems that everything is closed. With all the restaurants in Portsmouth, there's nothing open there. Can't afford Wentworth by the Sea so that's out. Does anyone know of a decent, traditional type of restaurant serving good food at a reasonable price that is open Christmas Day? Maybe it doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 PM

15,342 posts, read 21,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
With a husband from England with no family here and myself alone here now that relatives have all moved away, we are looking for a reasonably priced restaurant for Christmas dinner. We live right on the MA/NH border on the seacoast. I've checked out everything, I think--Exeter, Hampton, Portsmouth, etc.

It seems that everything is closed. With all the restaurants in Portsmouth, there's nothing open there. Can't afford Wentworth by the Sea so that's out. Does anyone know of a decent, traditional type of restaurant serving good food at a reasonable price that is open Christmas Day? Maybe it doesn't exist.
I like Buckley's in Merrimack but I don't know if they are open on Christmas.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM

914 posts, read 816,319 times
I know the Langham Hotel in Boston has a Christmas Brunch, but it's quite pricey.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM

I'm not even looking toward Boston, too expensive and I don't want to be in a city anyway. I looked at The Colonial Inn in Concord and--yikes!!!

Probably Christmas dinner in a restaurant has always been very expensive but I just never knew it. Someone else was paying for it the few times I did eat out.

I've just about decided to have Sunday brunch out somewhere and pretend that it's Christmas. Then, on the real Christmas, just go for a walk or eat some homemade pie and have a drink. Thank you anyway.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM

4,057 posts, read 7,830,946 times
I believe all Legal Seafoods locations are open on Christmas Day.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
I believe all Legal Seafoods locations are open on Christmas Day.
hmmmmm, I'll have to check into that.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 PM

LEGAL SEAFOODS is it!

Thank you. There's one at the North Shore Mall, I see, and it's more within our price range. Not the sort of Christmas menu we're used to but my husband would eat salmon for dinner and I could find something too.

And the DESSERT menu is wonderful.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM

1,319 posts, read 451,817 times
99% of things are closed on Christmas..

Old 12-02-2012, 05:38 AM

34,092 posts, read 11,306,850 times
Remember the scene in "The Christmas Story" after the neighbor's dogs stole the turkey....they ended up having Christmas dinner in a Chinese restaurant because it was the only place open.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 AM

4,057 posts, read 7,830,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
LEGAL SEAFOODS is it!

Thank you. There's one at the North Shore Mall, I see, and it's more within our price range. Not the sort of Christmas menu we're used to but my husband would eat salmon for dinner and I could find something too.

And the DESSERT menu is wonderful.
Glad I was able to help Please be sure to let us know how it was! Oh, and be sure to make reservations NOW. Being one of the few open restaurants, I wouldn't chance it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Remember the scene in "The Christmas Story" after the neighbor's dogs stole the turkey....they ended up having Christmas dinner in a Chinese restaurant because it was the only place open.
Best movie EVER, and one of the few that we still watch and laugh over together as a family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire