U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2007, 02:56 PM

4 posts, read 5,675 times
Default NH Good for Outdoorsman?

I'm beginning my search for a place to call home. I really enjoy fishing and any and all outdoor activities. NH seems ideal due to the large number of lakes, streams, ponds, and mountains. Any outdoorsy granite staters out there who can give me their impressions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM

215 posts, read 341,957 times
Harry,

I live by the Conn. Lakes . The fishing is great. I enjoy fly fishing in the Conn. River and the Androsscogin . Is this a sportsmans area, why yes it is. It's bird hunting season now and deer season next month. I live for this stuff.

Chuck

Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

1,775 posts, read 5,290,328 times
Oh my. You definately belong in Northern N.H. though employment is not the greatest up there. My entire family loves the outdoors. Hunting, Fishing, Kayaking, Boating, ATV riding, Snowmobiling, Skiing, Ice fishing. My family does it all even the little ones are now getting old enough where they love to go hunting and ATV riding on the miles of trails they have and groom all year round. It's awesome up there if you love the outdoors because to be honest, there really isn't much more to do in Northern N.H. other than "play" outside all year long. .

Old 10-15-2007, 05:24 AM

82 posts, read 765 times
Harry Johnson? Does anyone else find that rather funny? hahaha

Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,642,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryJohnson View Post
I'm beginning my search for a place to call home. I really enjoy fishing and any and all outdoor activities. NH seems ideal due to the large number of lakes, streams, ponds, and mountains. Any outdoorsy granite staters out there who can give me their impressions? Thanks.
YES !! A great outdoors state and many on this board are hoping and fighting it stays that way

Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 AM

756 posts, read 1,641,142 times
I Loooove it out here for the outdoors. I hunted and fished Lake Erie A LOT back in Ohio and thought I would miss it dearly. Hook into your first keeper stiper or good bluefish and you'll be sold on the fishing out here....especially if you do it in a kayak. I waterfowl hunt and saltmarshes and tides add a whole new variable to the game. Seaducks will be a blast this winter. I've hiked a lot of the whites and love it up there but I'm not big into deer hunting. This area really has it all as far as the outdoors is concerned.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM

1,775 posts, read 5,290,328 times
Up in the northern state, the people are so friendly, the snow machine and ATV trails are maintained by the fish and game basically through the cost of registrations and volunteers. You can travel to Maine, VT or Canada just on the trails. If you ever break down or go off track like I did with my snowmachine going over a bank, there will always be someone coming along more than willing to help you dig out. Such great people up there always looking out for each other. Recently they just allowed snowmachines to be used on the main streets and are now considering ATV privaledges on the main street as well. It's a way of life up there. It's a great place. Can't wait to get back there.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM

791 posts, read 2,169,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryJohnson View Post
Much of my affection for NH is the outdoors! What half-way energetic human being that doesn’t spend their days glued to “Judge Judy” and “Saved by the Bell” re-runs wouldn’t love it here?
Let’s put it this way. For all the touristy-hype and slogans of life being the way it ought to be, Maine is very small potatoes in comparison to the Granite State. And by no means, is Maine not lovely too. I can give you a billion great impressions but will just list them off the top of my head…Pawtuckaway, Moose Brook, Pinkham Notch, Echo Lake, Kingsman Farm, the Kangamangas, Conway, Sunapee, the Shoals and Odiorne….oh and btw I am not even a fisherman. If you are, well, life is all the more golden. You can’t go wrong in this state. Other than the fact we aren’t nearly the size of Montana.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 5,675 times
Yep, can't wait to check it out for myself. Seems like the place for me, but you never really know till you experience it firsthand. Thanks for the replies.
Hairy, um I mean Harry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire