Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 AM

858 posts, read 1,807,581 times

Advertisements

And maybe it was all of those, plus the prevalence of violence in the media, videogames and everything else that desensitizes towards other human beings and their suffering, the ease to get high powered guns, and many other reasons that we would never know exactly why this happened.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 AM

477 posts, read 899,975 times
What is a "high powered" gun?

The weapon used is a rather anemic caliber.

How exactly is this a product of NH?

Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merjolie8 View Post
And maybe it was all of those, plus the prevalence of violence in the media, videogames and everything else that desensitizes towards other human beings and their suffering, the ease to get high powered guns, and many other reasons that we would never know exactly why this happened.
Why is it always people like you blame everything and anything other than the sick wacko who has it in him/her to execute children?

Think about it, we have laws against having weapons on school grounds, we have laws against murder and these crimes are still committed. So naturally the left thinks that adding more gun laws will prevent these types of crimes. CT ALREADY has an assault weapons ban. So another ban will work next time?

The logic is so flawed is frightening. We can't legislate out murderers and sick people who act like animals. We have over 330,000,000 people in this country, some of them are pretty messed up and will kill humans without second thought. Laws do not affect them.

So TV, the media, video games, guns, committed this crime? Awesome, it's no wonder most public schools active shooter policy is "Round the sheep up for slaughter in each room".

We have politicians who have better security around them then the .gov we entrust and pay to protect our children in school every day. Think about it people, it's not the guns that are the problem.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 AM

196 posts, read 276,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merjolie8 View Post
This argument is so lacking in logic, I don't even know where to start.

Violence - I don't know where you grew up, but I grew up with boys playing "war" and shooting each other since before they could walk. That was ALL they played. They had hundreds of little soldiers and weapons and all kinds of "violent" things. That was way before video games were invented.

Media - I know that all those horrible actions movies are to blame, but again, have you ever seen war movies. About real wars?? I'll take an action flick over a real war movie any day of the week.

Guns - again, people have had guns for a very very VERY long time. There is nothing new here.

People - it's not any of the above that desensitizes them. It's not that people are desensitized. It's all the mixed messages that are send to our kids. We are all about emotions and how to be sensitive - there is so many PC terms now that I can't keep up, but yet, we are not allowed to show our real emotions bc the second you do, people start wondering if you are depressed or angry and if you need medication or therapy. There is a new diagnosis for EVERYTHING now.

(As a personal story - when my oldest was born, he didn't sleep much and BFing wasn't going well and I was EXHAUSTED and looked like crap - the very first question my pediatrician asked me was if I have PPD and do I need meds. - NO - I needed sleep, but it's so much easier to "diagnose" with something)

We regulate EVERYTHING - food, behaviour, medical care, education etc etc etc. We live in the "free" country, where choices are getting more and more limited. So, yeah, some people will snap.

And of course, once they snap, it's on TV 24/7!!!! And people talk about it and come up with all kinds of cooky reasons and want to start regulating things more....

Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
the mother told the boy that she was going to commit him to a mental institution. She had MS and she couldn't deal with him anymore. He had become too much for her.

He killed her in response to the threat. He also killed all the kindergartners that she had worked with last year.

She trained him to use the weapons. He learned.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,327 times
Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"This is heaven." declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at God's house."
When what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
Those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
And as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
Then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"Come now my children, let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

Old 12-19-2012, 03:58 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
We have politicians who have better security around them then the .gov we entrust and pay to protect our children in school every day. Think about it people, it's not the guns that are the problem.
+1 sgt

Have you seen some of the fire power that some of the secret service carries around to protect obummer. Our Commander in Chief is surrounded 24/7 by the same guns he proposes to outlaw.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
as he should be

Police in Arkansas use assault rifles to patrol.
Police In Paragould, Arkansas Will Use Assault Rifles While on Duty | digtriad.com

Police SWAT teams routinely use assault rifles.

The Broken Arrow City Council cut a check for more than $75,000 to buy assault rifles for the police department.
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...aWQUUeC6A.cspx

an assault weapon ban will not prevent assault weapon crimes. CT had a ban on body armor, yet Lanza was wearing a bullet proof vest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire